12 March 2013

Western musicals, Japanese musicals, nostalgia

my friend's +Зайцев Роман little sister is going to participate in some performance based on 'Cats' and since she is too small to understand everything herself, I was helping to write down how the English words are pronounced. of course simply reading the lyrics is not enough - because words sung are not the same as words spoken - so I had to listen to the original 'Jellicles', 'Mr Mistoffelees' and 'Ad-dressing'
even though I have never watched 'Cats', just seeing a few stage photos from Western performances and noticing ONLY ONCE a promotion photo of a Japanese version - you know those commercial posters hanging from the ceiling in JR trains too, do you not? haha ^.^ - was enough for me to become eager to watch it sometime
my god how much I want to go to any musical and see it live...

No comments:

Post a Comment