13 August 2019

IMHO. Sayaka Sasaki ~ what a SIMS 4 disappointment

When I first heard J-pop flowing from the stereo system I had installed in my sim's house, I was thinking if I hadn't gone mad... but it was no such thing, it was just that the creators of the game obviously paid tribute to a popular trend. There even seem to be versions of some songs sang in Simlish.
But when I listened closely, that impressive song turned out to be simply too typical. Wasn't it chosen exactly because it's so typical, I wonder... After giving Sakaki a second, a third try, I realised there is no better Japanese artist if you need to explain what J-pop is to someone absolutely unfamiliar with the genre. It's something like this
but only for anime/game openings. I swear if you put a random song by Sasaki to a random opening video, it'll be okay. Well, maybe just a couple of twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment