28 December 2011

my humble opinion: ’Love Potion -an aphrodisiac of love- II’ by Star Troupe (2011)

of course 'tis great! 'twas a show by Moon Troupe (I would kill for the Moon version with my beloved Suzukaze-sama as nibante >______<)
apart from jokes, the show is really nice. as for now, my theory about the musical-revue correlation proves to be quite true. let me repeat my humble opinion: the worse the musical, the better the revue. vice versa, the greatest of the musicals do not have any revues at all, as the revue is turned into a small ending, not a separate piece of art. well, there are cases of perfect perfection, of course, when both the musical and the revue are great.
considering this particular revue, what I would like to note is

the music
the 'ru puazon' theme is very impressive and seemeth to be quite as we would like the main theme to be, eh?
meanwhile, Star goeth on covering famous themes. well, they alll do this, but the ones I have heard up until now were the jazzy melodies, but what we see in Star performances doth not stop to surprise me

let me say a couple of words about the covers in this revue. and about dancing ^.^
considering the 'Tristan and Isolda' scene, if I am not mistaken (and I am quite sure I am not) Nene-chan sings a kind of a 'cover' on the famous Intermezzo  from 'Cavalleria Rusticana' by  Mascagni. 'tis a melody I would recognize whenever and wherever, though I am ashamed I heard it in 'Rurouni Kenshin' for the first time... but I've seen the opera as well!
the second remark on this particular song - I believe it to be one of the most successful of Nene-chan so far.
and the dance of the two I believe to be one of tha brightest and cutest ever. that is why I feel this bright and cute couple should not take any overly tragic scenarios. these feeling of lightness and smiling suit them much better.
the cover by Ouki-san is also quite nice, but I am a little at a loss that the original vid on the song actually had a humanitarian trend in it... well, the song I dare to speak of is 'Another Day in Paradise' by Phil Collins. however, most of you probably heard only the sampled part of it in the Supafly's 'Movin' Too Fast'
BTW, Ouki-san seemeth to have the best candies there... I mean, she maketh the most curious covers, doth she not?
the next dance makes me wonder if 'tis not a cover again, but this time I can say nothing concrete about the song. on the other hand I can say about the dance... meseems, 'tis the first time I see such a dance by Yuzuki-sama and Nene-chan combi. and 'tis quite interesting to see the new image of them. and 'tis very nice to see once again what a wonderful couple they are ^.^
as fas as I understand, the scene with Spanish guys (yeah, there is some deep meaning, of course... but I do not get it by simply watching the scene, so let them be just Spanish guys...) is the beginning of new part which distinguishes the Love Potion II from the first edition. unfortunately, we cannot even judge what is the contents, as the vocal was cut >___< can anybody explain me the reason? Zuka was short of money and they bought the copyright of the song only for the live performance without the right to put it on the DVD? I wonder, if such a case is possible... if not, then what? ^^`

conclusion
I sincerely regret about Ouki-san being transferred... is it the case when nibante was moving too fast and thus had to transfer to the Troupe with the one of the nearest possible Top Star retiring? well, I still regret about the collapse of the wonderful Yuzuki-sama-Ouki-san duo dances and trio ones with Nene-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment