23 January 2012

I ADORE GOOGLE

some years ago we were discussing with that Google should exceed simple text search and upgrade so that it could search for any kind of media among any kind of media. this happened upon hearing the news that Google is going to enable searching for a particular phrase which is present in a video on youtube, be it a part of some speech or a line from a song's lyrics
'twas approximately the same period when I was an active forums and web-sites explorer in search for animes to watch and music to listen. as it always happeneth, while looking for something particular, one can find a lot of irrelevant but interesting stuff. thus, two or three years ago I found several pictures which successfully arosed my curiosity and left me with nothing, as I had no clue what fandom they were related to. I tried asking friends and looking through the websites of their origin, but having found nothing that could lead me to the way how to obtain something close or similar, I gave up the idea, calming myself with the thought that my brilliant intuition would someday lead me to encountering those fandoms again, if only there were something worthy of being found by me in them
so I paid no heed to the .jpg files on my desktop for a long period of time until the present day
it happened quite accidentally, though it hath great consequences
I was searching for pictures of a certain animal named 'momonga' and I had to copy the name of the image I already received from my friend to the searchbox. instead of pressing the usual ctrl+c, ctrl+v, I tried to drag the text into the window. to the great surprise of mine I saw the searchbox change its shape and invite me friendly to insert a picture there, not text. my eyes wide open, I tried to do as it said, and I received an unexpected result. the result was me realizing that Google hath already enabled the search by images, not only text. when and how it happened is left for me to guess, and the strongest irritation of mine is that me, who loveth Google deeply and who hath written a report on this company just three month ago, never heard of this function to be introduced. that is a pity >_____<
apart from that disappointment of myself with myself, I have nothing to complain of. and I am sincerely happy that the function I have longed for since the very first time I failed to know about the image I was interested in, is finally at work
hey, Google may have a lot of shortcomings, but it fascinateth us as well, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment