24 January 2012

my humble opinion on 'Bartender' anime OST

I have mentioned already that I liked the music in the anime a lot. however, 'tis worthy of a better explanation
the first merit of the OST is its diversity. while the 'theme' of the OST is obviously jazz, there are melodies of  all possible types in the collection. we have energetic pieces, as well as sleepy ones, we have ones created as manifestations of bliss, some remind us of waltz or march, some create vivid images, and what not
moreover, though the piano is present in every piece, there are a lot of other instruments participating, and this fact maketh the compositions different, and still united
another trend which I like very much whenever I come across such a phenomenon is creation of similar pieces by the author. f. e. 'highball' and 'bartender (piano session)' are variations on the OP theme, the 'hajimari no hito (piano session)' speaketh for itself, and 'Kir Royal' is a kind of a slower and sad version of 'million dollar'. meseems I could find some more, but there are a lot of them, so it probably taketh time
as a conclusion, I should simply say thanks to Ohtani-san and all the performers who brought the beautiful album to soothe my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment