24 April 2011

continuing the previous list ~ manga I read


"Chouchou Kumo" by Ashihara Kinako
there are 4 short stories and the first one was realistic but not very touching so I thought the others to be dissapointment too, but they were rather cute.
"Coelacanth" by Shimotsuki Kayoko
the graphics is sophisticated but I don`t like it to the extent I`d be looking on the pics for a long time and admiring them. the story is a mystical-detective-idk what and it doesn`t make you smile when you read it, you know... though I wished the best for the main heroine and the boy she grew to like, it`s not a manga I wanted to read actually
"Daydream World" by Yasuko
a veeeeery sweeeeet thing! chu-chu and those confessions of high-scoolers...
"Dogi Magi" by Ooka Saori
a cute thing but too childish (ehm... I mean it`s about children and it`s for children ^^`)
"Dokusen Happiness" by Ozaki Ira
Ira is a Russian name don`t you know??? ^o^
the manga is sweet and it`s o`k to read if you`re not waitnig for some extraordinary plot peripeteias or just any surprising events in it
"Blue Ramun" by Ryo Yuuki
I wasn`t really delighted seeing the graphics on the first pages but I was totally absorbed in the plot so I changed my attitude towards the pics from "eeem...." to "wow" very quickly. especially considering Eagle-san........ ooooh *melting*
I wonder why shoujo mangakas-women often have a good capability of drawing men and mangakas-men make girls rather cute? it`s not that it works for all of mangakas though, but it seems to be this way to me...
I`m even thinking I will not be ready to read something else very soon... I`ve read lots of one-shots and short stories (I say nothing of the long ones `cause they didn`t satisfy me actually) never paying too much attention to the contents, just seeking for some lovey-dovey scenes... and then oops! I find this manga where it`s not as simple as it seems.
it`s as if I read a good romance novel for women... I really couldn`t stop reading this one yesterday evening (I mean, if 3 am can be called evening...) and barely made myself go to bed. I even think I`ve seen some good dream while asleep but I can`t remember (of course! good dreams are so hard to catch when you get up...). I can even tell there`s a trend in my preferences... though I love slice-of-life stories about the modern society in shoujo style, they`re always very cute and I have no doubt the end will be great - some reuniting, kissing and hugging and "I`m sorry" and "let us not be separated once more" and all the stuff. what we have here is another kind of shoujo-stories which makes you heart ache and feel so involved in the events taking place in the manga and just making you so concerned about the characters `cause you`re not sure that mangaka wouldn`t decide to cut it off in the end killing `em all or drawing some sad farewell... "Blue Ramun" was a relief. it`s not that I was fond of Jessie but I would feel so sorry for her if the end wasn`t as it was. I`m really happy this manga turned to have a good end.
though some initiative from Eagle it REALLY lacking! it`s great that he put off the earring and hold Jessie by her hand but I WAS waiting for his confession after all (it`s not fair, is it? Jessie confessed first - it`s o`k, but she kissed him... I wish it were vice versa!!!)
p. s. - is there a trend that characters named Eagle have fair hair and are rather handsome? it is true for Eagle Schneider and Eagle from "Rayearth" and I bet I`ve seen one more Eagle I`ve forgotten where! I need to recall and check but I guess it`s impossible.....

No comments:

Post a Comment