08 September 2011

it's time to write a review...

I've been lazy since April
however I'm in no mood to start with AKFG or Art-School
so let me start with the latest playlists of mine
Makino Yui
'Amrita' - it is beautiful... and it was meant to be. though I'm not fond of it ^^` even a little
'you are my love' - I can say the same words adressing the song itself. I love it! so calm and soooo saaaad and the weak voice of Yui-chan suits the song and the lyrics soooo much
'Jasmin' was my favourite song when I just started listening to Makino. then, however, after some repeated listenings, it became something like 'one of the less liked among the liked ones'. well the lyrics are rather good and Makino-like ^.^
'undine' - ohhh... I'll always be 150% sure that Kubota Mina is a genius. I LOVE her songs composed for Aria. am I not mistaken? as far as I remember that is so.
'symphony' - well... the Opening Themes sound more ethereal and light, but the songs like 'symphony' are cute and suit Makino's voice as well. so, I'm not adding this one to my playlist but it's one of the calm and nice songs which are like a remedy for our tired souls
'euforia' - I love Mina's songs best, but I love 'euforia' best of the best ^.^ this one is just a masterpiece. maybe I have a bigger passion for it 'cause it was a theme song for the longer season of Aria so that this particular song is the one I've been listening to for a longer period, so it really MADE my August last year... I'm already kind of tired of this song for the reason mentioned, but... when I just hear the first light and tender sounds of the intro... I'm completely enchanted by them so that I can hardly stop listening further
'amefuribana' - this one is again an ending song in another but also cute mood. the chorus is emotional, but it's not a song I'd like to add to my constant playlist. well, to think of the song as a theme song as it is - it's also great! and the lyrics... so sweet... makes me remember of the perfect world of Aqua. and these songs suit the general impression by Aria so much I want to leave for Aqua now and here...
'modokashii sekai no ue de' - it's also a cute song and Makino's voice is as usual. BUT. it's a song by some other composer. BUT. it also touches my heart, especially the second phrase in the chorus. however the general impression is again 'a cute song' so it wasn't a part of my playlist.
'dark side ni tsuite...' - shall I say it's cute? I bet you understand it already. it's original in its style and it's rather entertaining to hear such things sometimes ^_^ though it's again not in my playlist, I should admit this is a good and pleasant song to listen
'omna magni' - this is an attempt to add some lolitism and orgel and unknown language....... for me, the attemt has failed ^^` it would be good but I don't like the 'doll' image of Yui-chan
'shiawase no tameiki' - there are some... ehm... I'm so sorry I can't perceive what musical instrument this is, but it is certainly a wind instrument ^^` and it's interesting. nothing more, though......
'natsuyasumi...' - I LOVE the guitar and the violin and the whole melody, which is super-cute and creates an image of some irresponsible and careless girl - something opposite to what we heard earlier. the song is again too cute but it was very close to being added to my playlist
'kami to hairpin...' - again an Aria song. again cute. however, to be honest, it's one of the less liked by me ^.^ to add some justice, it's very suitable to the everyday situation it describes
'eien no omoi' - this one seems to me the most plain and it's not interesting at all... T_T
'cestree' - an ethereal song... ehm... IDK what to say...... I added it to the playlist out of interest and to 'dilute' it. however I can't say I like it that much. it's just very different and it seems to be a good background piece for... just something...
'sketchbook...' - I was going to watch the anime of the same (almost the same...?) name. after listening to this song... I'm not quite sure
'tooku made ikou' - this one also seems too plain... though cute, as ever
'6tsu no Shouhin OP.118 Kansoukyoku A Chouchou' - IDK what this thing is doing on the Makino's single... but it's beautiful, however too calm to listen separately
'synchronicity' - I didn't like the song when I first heard it (after I asked my friend to share the song in order to compare it with the Keiko's version) but I changed my opinion after listening to the full discography of Makino. there aren't too many songs which are somewhat beyond simply cute, so this one is really outstanding. however, I feel Makino is not the one suitable to Kajiura-sensei's experiments... sorry
'amrita hikigatari' - it sounds even worse in the hikigatari version......
'yacchaou yo' - well... this was meant to be super-cute and it IS. too cute for my playlist however.....
'Amuri no teema' - I like it though it is too calm, mayhap...
'umidorika' - this is unexpected! so Japanese-ethnic-IDK-what... ohhh I simply like this one very much! and Makino should sing some sad songs in a while!
'spirale' - this sounds exactly as a SPIRALE, proving its name. we can hear something swirl, dance, spin round and round... I love the image very much. however it's again an Aria song so it's not in my playlist ^.^
'yokogao' - a gentle song, if I can say so. so cute it makes you MOEEEEE ^.^
'ame no hi...' - sorry to say this is not my favourite album and the songs in it seem too plain to me... including this one off-vocal piece, though it makes that really sping-like impression
'marmelade' - I was veeery close to adding this one to my playlist. at last, I thought in the noise of everyday life it would seem too calm and moodless. however, when I listen to it attentively in a complete silence, I become a fan of this song. I love the syncope rhythm and the very end of the song where Yui-chan repeats "sweeeeeet maaaarmelaaaade' so that I can really feel the taste of it, and this taste is much better that the taste of the real one
'sangatsu...' - again the spring theme... which is not impressing me at all... >__<
'solfege' is close to 'cestree', it's twin, I can state. I even added it to my playlist as a rather distinguished song among the others in Yui-chan's discography. however I'm not somewhat swept off my feet with it...
'tsuki no shijima' - a Kajiura thing. meant to be beautiful and all the stuff. as I said, I respect Kajiura-sensei and her works with the other girls, but Makino shouldn't be among Kajiura-sensei's wing... this song would be great enough if another girl would try to sing. Makino's unique voice is wasted.
'destiny' - ehm.... cute... and... and that's all
'watashi ni tsuite' - again a song meant to be an interesting one but it makes no sense to me as a song without any background
'tanpopo suisha' - the lovely and promising cover of the disc...... has nothing to do with the greatness of the song. it's a one more cute and plain song though there are some schticks or how should I call them T___T
'fuwafuwa' - and this one is simply my favourite, the song#1 in the whole discography...... I LOOOVE the background swift notes and the swift words accurately pronounced by Yui-chan and I love all the 2-voice parts between the verse and the chorus and the chorus itself is also great with its words that sound alike being very close to each other. the whole lyrics is good - so sweet.... I wish there were more song  like this for Yui-chaaaaan, I wish this badly >__<
'the never ending rainbows' - the intro was promising but the song itself is not that great, esp the chorus
'ao no kaori' - this is the opposite to most of the songs. it seemed too plain and nothing in particular, when I first heard it. however I made some efforts to listen to the lyrics closely and then I heard that pure emotion, that cry of a girl's cry emanated from the very heart of hers.... and I was close to crying...
'cluster' - and this one is like a rest for the composers so they didn't create much of a masterpiece...
'onegai jun bright' - I can't underdtand why Makino agreed to sing this song. and the PV is sooo much of an affectedness and false... I can't stand it!
'merry-go-round' is a merry-go-round, creating the necessary image. however... how many times can we listen to the same image if there's nothing else beside the merry-go-round itself?
'ufufufu' - what's with the name of the song? - you will ask. as fas as I understand it's laughing ^.^ so let us laugh and proceed to the last album
'haru machi kaze' - it seems to be a song passed to Yui-chan by somebody... who didn't/couldn't sing it...? I mean it doesn't suit Yui-chan's voice though she's a professional and she sings it good
'merry-go-round' in its album version adds even more of the 'merry-go-round' image and the retro mood. thus, it's rather good. for some time ^^`
'precious' is about precious. there is an interesting rhythm and the way Yui-chan ends every phrase is also unusual. however I'm not listening to the song any more, some 3 times are enough
'hologram' - this is the theme song of the album. again it reminds me of 'cestree' and 'solfege' and 'omna magni; of course. it's a tradition for Makino to have one ethereal song in an album, isn't it? I'm glad there is a more active and deep part in the song, otherwise it would be toooo plain
'crepuscular rays' - I was waiting for something unique... I was tricked by the name of the song. it's a draaaag
'nidome no hatsukoi' - well... plain and... and let's go further
'brand-new sky' - this is also very close to be interesting and there are some emotions so it would be good if not for the small parts which sound like a COMPLETE CLICHE
'mirai no...' - well-well... a song with some nice lyrics and the kind mood and lots of children who are the flowers of life as we know, singing in the end to make us shed some tears... it's not a trick that works on me
'sono saki e' - and the last song is not promising... at all... it's a pity. hope there'll be some more great pieces of art for Yui-chan to sing

No comments:

Post a Comment