21 September 2011

some discoveries

somehow I managed to find Rurutia, but I'll write 'bout her next time.
I wanna share my thoughts about Round Table (feat Nino as well)
first I searched everyone whose name starts with the letter R and so I found Round Table, who were performing a Chobits theme song, as well as Tanaka Rie whom I listened to last week. and then I tried to learn something 'bout them 'n I found a web-site I shared in my Google+ page, which told me some similar performers. I also read wikipedia pages a little to understand I'm a fan of Shibuya-kei.
well the Round Table itself is great. however I realized, their compositions for Aria were really the greatest. IDK, maybe I was overimpressed with Aria itself? I don't think so however... I was sober enough to distinguish. so I shall tell you those are really the best ones - Yokogao and the others.
to speak of the early tracks, they're mostly so alike, I can't recognize them very well. most are either those of 'Bossa Nova' or some smooth jazz, or not very smooth but jazz again - like 'battle cop' (I'm not good in the styles y'know ^^`) and also some kind of erm... IDK what... rock'n'roll? ambient? I mean those tracks like 'so many colors' and the others I can't remember the names of...
but there are some outstanding tracks like 'fly' or 'timeless' which offer some different mood.
on the whole i should name the 'cannon ball' album as the most unusual one 'cause then we hear the same light songs 'bout nothing particular with those names like 'world's end' (I wish world's end was really like that...) and 'picnic' and 'chocolate' and 'viva samba carnival' and 'baby' and all the sweet stuff...
then we gradually come to the 'let me be with you' single which sounds exactly like the previous light cute songs. except for the fact that Nino is already mentioned in the name of the band.
what distinguishes 'featuring Nino' songs from the previous ones? Katsutoshi-san is not singing in every song anymore. to be honest, among the Nino's songs I love those ones most where we hear that men's nice and pleasant voice along with Nino's. can't help it.
there are also ballad styled songs like 'where is love' which seem the most boring for me...

you may kill me or do whatever you like, but when I come to those songs from Aria like 'rainbow' I can't stop. they are SO different even though cute as always...
'just for you' seems one of those cute and cheerful songs. it reminds me of 'let me be' for example.
to be fair and to show you I'm not idolising Aria soundtrack, 'natsu machi' and 'shiosai' are not that great, I should admit.
'koi o shiteru' is also cheerful and lively, so I like it more than the others.
my only disappointment was 'symphony' which was really spoiled by the change in style, though it was really hard to imagine that one of the Aria performers can spoil the other's song. I love 'symphony' in Yui's version but I can't advise you to listen to the version of Nino
then we go on listening to the same songs - cute and light and jazz and blues and bossa and sometimes a liiiiiitle of j-pop-rock - so that in the end I got tired of Nino's vocals.
in the whole I'm happy, however, to have listened to this band. thay have their own style and they are unique. I think such music is also necessary for us when we read or when we are busy with somehing else, 'cause it doesn't distract us from what we try to focus on
my verdict is - please get acquainted with this band! it's wonderful and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment