06 November 2011

my humble opinion on 'Studio 54' by Moon Troupe

this time me would like to say some words about 'Studio 54'
the usual version is here http://www.tudou.com/listplay/GURRRIaiV34/s76b3krzz1E.html
the Tokyo closing night is this http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_FJI3rmbEso/

acting
this time we are having no Masao in the show, as she is busy with her 'Hot Fairies' - you can even see an 'ads' of the show in one of the scenes of 'Studio 54'
on the other hand, we have a strange Mirio here. is it only me who can't enjoy the greatness of the 'villains'? I mean, though as the Algier's Jaques she was great, I liked Mirio's Henry there much better. then everything changed and I noticed Chauvelin much better, but still I was no fan of him. be as it may, whatever I watch - I am fond only of the 'good guys', and even if I see a great, cool, shining Mirio with unforgettable hair, with sparkling accessories and retro glasses and with that sharp makeup....... I still can't adore the character, though I might try very hard. I am absolutely firm in the thought that she is overly cool for such a brute as Zack... he should have been created the same way, with all the rockish attributes etc. but he shouldn't be that cute beauty Rio is. in the end I came to the conclusion she looks simply too womanly >______< I couldn't even see her as a Z-BOY and she seemed a real Z-GIRL to me at first, but then - oh yeah - I managed to think of Z-BOY, 'n you know what helped me? yeah, the love scene between him and Steve. is me still the only one to laugh at two actRESSES performing yaoi on the stage? as for Z-Boy with Steve, let me presume the scene was created to show that sex and drugs (and maybe rock'n'roll? just a little of) were in plenty in the year of grace 1977.
the minor role performers were also rather distinguishable! I recognized Sawaki at once, but oh, Yuriya-chan as Neil was also great! and Yurino-chan, adorable image! the kids were cute as well, really looking as kids! well, Hanahi-chan was Hanahi-chan, as cute as usual - 'bro, Jamie is happy~!' after Holly kissed her ^.^
and several scenes to enjoy... me couldn't help making some, as 'tis too funny, me was never expecting this particular show to be that funny!

singing
me was never mentioning the songs as they were always performed greatly. however I want to say that 'hoshi ni naritai' by Yuki-chan in 'Studio' is more than great, 'tis one of the best songs me ever heard by Yuki-chan. I can remember only of 'I'll forget you' from 'the Scarlet Pimpernel' when Yuki was just as credible and bright. the songs of reminiscence by Becky is performed so that it moves your heart and makes you almost cry and meseems Yuki-chan managed to take the 100% control over her voice at the same time, so 'tis as if she gave vent for her emotions and they poured down on us, the spectators, with all their might, but those emotions never prevent her voice from showing its maximum capacities. the trembling and the strength is so wisely combined with tenderness and softness that I could call it the perfection...
however, my favourite song is 'hitogomi no naka no kodoku' - it has both great lyrics and touching melody. I would even argue that 'tis a song with one of the deepest meanings any revue ever had

covers
we love Takarazuka for splendid dramatic performances, perfect movements in dances and strong and expressive voices in songs, and so on... however, there is always one more attractive point in revue parts. we can play a little game - I would name it 'guess the original source of the music'. the ending part of 'Studio 54' is an adorable collection of covers of famous songs - well, famous in Japan, and released in the end of 70s. obviously not only the 'Studio' itself takes place in 70s, but the final part also. so, the covers are 
YMCA - by the young siennes
then Ayahoshi-san, Morie and Magee perform a part of a song from 'Galaxy Express' which seems to be a title song
Mirio sings 'otokotachi no melody' - according to the trivia I found, a song by SHOGUN released as a theme song for a dorama called 'oretachi wa tenshi da!'
Aono-sama sings a song of Yamaguchi Momoe-san 'Be Silent' which is spelled as '美 サイレント' therefore translated as 'silent beauty' sometimes. a song with mysterious lyrics, haha
Kiriya-sama's appearance starts with a song 'HERO' or 'Hero ni naru toki sore wa ima' by Kai Band
all-troupe song is easily recognizable - 'In the Navy'
unfortunately the music is cut in the Top Combi Duet Dance >____< greedy copyright owners just die

the Tokyo Closing Night had another final - with another covers of course
the first song by Seijou-san with girls is 'Sky High' by Jigsaw
the next song by Hanase-sama is a 'remix' on..... on something. this is the case when I do know what the original is, but I can't make myself remember the name of it. completely. to the extent I almost want to hung myself.... >___<
Aono-sama together with Morie and Koshino-sama sing 'Hot Stuff'
after Kiriya-sama descends, there is an instrumental part which I am not sure about, whether 'tis a cover or not. the Troupe starts singing the famous 'Dschingis Khan'

Top Combi duet dance in the special version of the Finale... I love it! ^^` especially the part when Kiriya-sama smacks Aono-sama on the rear ^o^
well and because of this lift also

then the usual Finale follows with no changes - at least I noticed none. Top Combi duet dance music is not cut this time, as far as I can understand, but I still have no idea of what the music is. unfortunately...
the closing words were really long. and this is a good thing. the longer it takes, the more fun! ^___^ this time was one of the funniest closing ceremonies I have ever seen... with lots of jokes from Kiriya-sama, lots of dancing and lots of 'reraising' of the curtain

conclusion
I love this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment