17 February 2011

my humble opinion on Keiko Matsui

sometimes I search for good music and find nothing interesting, but sometimes a person on a forum says that this resembles that, and thus I found priceless treasures

what is good about her is that...
the percentage of her works that I love among all her tracks is so high that I am astonished
there are both songs and instrumental compositions, so that I was surprised
there are sax, shakuhachi and piano, and also voice, and percussion, and whatever - combined so beautifully that I was bewildered
there are jazz, blues, smooth, lounge, new age, ethnic, folk, electro, and many other genres
there are deep feelings in her music, expressing her love for Mother Nature, elements, phenomena, and also her concern for human beings, which is revealed in her social initiatives

p. s.
perhaps no one knows that 'twas Keiko-san's 'Tears of the Ocean' what was used as a sample in a song "вдох-выдох" of a Russian group called T9

No comments:

Post a Comment