30 July 2012

Something I will never scan ~ what and why?

An excuse that comes to mind is - 'hey, I have the right to leave at least something for my exclusive use!' But lying is not a good idea. I am from Alpha quadra, I am an adherent of the idea of universal equality and absolute will. I believe that sharing should come from the heart - no one is forcing you to share what you have, and you should force no one to feel obliged or thankful. Therefore, saying a greedy thing like 'you know, I spent my money and time and efforts on this!' is not for me. The true reason is...
Just for your information - my magazines are if not for 100% then at least 90% (well I hope so) free from scratches and fingerprints. This is reached by me touching them only wearing gloves. Some of the magazines I gave to my friend to look through or the ones I personally opened when I had no gloves at hand may look a bit more 'used', but generally I both provide clean scans and save my own time not spending it on photoshopping those images where some traces are visible (really visible - tiny imperfections inevitably remain).
However, even more than the magazines I cherish those few special things I have. Some of them I scanned - the 2012 calendar with Kiriya-sama and the two posters of Moon, but that was an exception. The others are - a two-side poster from Le Cinq with 'Edward VIII' and 'Misty Station', and graduation photos of KiriMari. All of them are precious to me because they remind me not only of one of the happiest days I have experienced, but also about different things that preceded and followed and divided my life into 'before' and 'after'. I want both the poster and the photos remain as untouched - literally - as 'tis possible. Scanning them means a possibility of unintended scratching or leaving fingerprints, while I wish to see them as if new. Scanning through the protective film is not an option either.
Therefore, please believe my words that those images are beautiful and enlighten my soul every time I look at them.
Now that everything is in the part I feel my seeing the performance was a natural thing. However, if for a moment I imagine I failed to go there... Would I be writing this post now? Oh, and I am NOT speaking of the fact that I would not have the posters, magazines and photos I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment