31 October 2012

my little obsessions ~ anime characters

when a child I used to say I have no favourite colour, I didn't like to choose my favourite movies or books, and choose something I prefer in general. I still believe that every thing on Earth has its good and bad points, advantages and shortcomings.
I believe the same now, but surely I can name a few types that are of greater interest for me
'lady' type
why I call this type 'lady' is that 'twas called like this on a website themed 'learning Japanese via anime and manga'. there were some 8 or 10 types of characters who 'uttered' phrases in particular 'situations'. for example, greeting a person would be polite 'hello' for a girl, 'welcome back, master' for a butler, some exclamation for a delinquent or an archaic expression for a samurai. 'lady' was an elegant girl looking like a real lady from a rich family, who used polite expressions with not-so-polite grammar forms indicating her sense of supremacy. whom I remembered as soon as I got to know this type was Kanzaki Sumire from 'Sakura Wars'. I wonder if Tomizawa-sama is especially good at voicing 'lady' type? though Hino Rei isn't the lady as she was depicted on the website, and didn't speak like one, I believe she was of this type, too
'lady' type, another one
I would think that 'tis my subjective opinion if not for the fact that my friend agreed with me. apart from 'ladies' who are truly ladies, and 'ladies' who behave with the same arrogance, there are also young girls who can be extremely polite and seem to be very kind, but have something in them that makes me think they have 'second nature'. sometimes I would use words like 'varmint', 'guileful' and 'canny' to describe them - better to say, mixture of these, but creating a positive meaning as the result. such is Alicia from 'Aria', for example. close to her is Todoroki from 'Working' who is far from being cunning, but behaves similarly. if this can tell you anything, I would name interjections like 'ara-ara' of Alicia's and other exclamations as their signature
to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment