30 December 2012

no respect, to say nothing of concern

some time ago I started wondering why I liked Usui and Misaku couple
fangirls scream at sight of Usui - 'he's hot'. the more I look at him the more I understand he is not actually hot, though his looks are certainly above average
the fact that he always comes to rescue Misaki when she is in trouble is, of course, a good point, but I still consider it a widespread thing for shoujo
he is also supporting Misaki morally giving her advice when she is unsure what to do, or when he sees she is simply mistaken (I would say, he simply supports her as a logic type with his ethic)
and still, the reason why I loved the story of this couple so much lies in another fact. Usui is not simply protecting Misaki, he sees to it that she does not do too much. this does not only include Misaki overdoing herself, getting too tired/injured/ill. he prevents her from doing what is not fitting her, from what does not suit her, what is odd to her personality
and that happens in world where and in times when everyone wants something from you, claiming or requesting, but always failing to show just a little respect by asking whether you want it yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment