14 March 2013

黒白~忘れじの水底から~ ~ 365 yen for a few cute phrases by Okamoto

and 200 more for additional scenarios...
well yes I was attracted by Okamoto voicing the main character, but I would not really spend any money on a game if it were simply for this. just the other day I discovered the charm of live2d animation and was interested in how a visual novel would change with this innovation

graphics
oh yes it really changed. I would exaggerate if I said it is absolutely different, but the movements of the characters were pretty smooth and realistic. I might get bored very soon with this, but 'tis true that it livens up the atmosphere
unlike the live2d elements, most stills were just... just awful. not all of them, actually, approximately a half of them were good, but some of the most important ones were a huge disappointment. you see, when I look at this
I have the will to play. and when I seee CGs like this
I feel 'twas not in vain. however when I finally arrive at the necessary happy ending and see this...
'tis somehow... disappointing, you know

story and characters
as simple as 'tis necessary for a 'game aimed at young girls'. on the other hand, this is at least more interesting that numerous 'school-life' scenarios
in order not to forget my full recognition of the fact that otome-games are only a profitable way of entertainment, I have the habit of naming my character like this
both Афоня & Марфа names come from one day when me and my friends were fooling around, as always. oh, Marfa - that is, Martha - is the heroine's name, and Afonya - short from Athanasius - is the name of this cute creature
I actually made it through all the routes and 'conquered' all the characters but apart from the main 'prince' I was not interested in anyone so I skipped most of the scenarios... >____< however, they seemed good to me from what I could gain out of my speedy reading

seiyuus
like I said, I started playing for the sake of hearing Okamoto. to be honest, there are only 4 characters so 'tis not a masterpiece with a wide system of relationship or abundance of voices. however, all the 4 were pretty good. I would say at least none of them was trivial

conclusion
not bad for its price. I mean, I I am willing to pay this amount for a game like this. prices of games for PC and PSP scare me! the cheapest for 1,5k yen, usual - 4,5k yen, some 6k or even twice bigger. if I were a gamer and had any interest in the playing process itself I might feel otherwise, but I am a perfectly sober user and I understand completely what are my primary interests. and I am not ready to pay that much for one more opportunity of hearing my favourite seiyuus' voices in roles equally possible to be likeable or not with a few things really depending on me

p. s.
do you know the meaning of the game's name? 'kokuhaku' is written in katakana. its usual meaning would be 'confession' (of feelings), but the kanji used are 'black' and 'white', which together form the same reading. this refers to the main characters' names - Kurotsuki and Shirotsuki - Black and White Moon. I wonder why the creators named them like this if they are
SPOILER 
Masters of the Underwater Kingdom?
END OF SPOILER

No comments:

Post a Comment