04 April 2013

'Nekogami Yayorozu' ~ ポロリ!

do you know how to distinguish Sakurai-sensei works from others? pretty easy! look here

story and characters
there is not much to say about them. mostly they are a bunch of cute girls with pretty recognisable archetypes. and one boy with a (un)healthy obsession with one of the girls' boobs... ポロリ~!
however, these typical characters do not fall too low to the level of lifeless cliches. somehow they are fun to watch and likeable - as anime characters

music
OPEDs are only expectable - the 元気, cheerful, cute songs. background music is just your usual entertaining background. in general, I have no complains. however, when I recall DGC... I feel like something has been lost

graphics
as usual in Sakurai Hiroaki's anime, things that are not supposed to be seen are actually seen...

voicing
was flawless, though I would not say outstanding. what caught my attention was the use of different manners of speaking by different characters - different levels of politeness, different intonations, different particles, and even different... erm... how should I call this?

conclusion

maybe I must admit I was waiting for another DGC. maybe from this point of view I was disappointed. still I enjoyed it a lot. and you know what? this is the kind of anime series I would show to my young disciple - both to entertain her, AND to cultivate her taste for originality and humour

No comments:

Post a Comment