07 May 2019

My May. Day 7, part 1

9.52, Tissage hotel, Naha
It's the 5th day I'm having my breakfast in the hotel. I would never do such thing in any big city in Japan, paying 15 dollars or more for a breakfast when a combini nearby allow much cheaper options?
But here, I would be damned if I didn't try these - Okinawan champloo, local fish, guava juice, fruit cocktail with mango, litchee, pineapple and acerola, Okinawan tofu and mozuku seaweeds, drinking guava juice - the one that Orange Range were singing about. Finally I can understand that 'amai amaaai guava juice' line :)
Well, judging by the fact that I cannot tan properly and instead get sunburned easily, it seems that my predecessors had been living in a colder environment with less sun. I read an article explaining I should blame my genes. But then why do I yearn for the sun so much and why do I like these colours so much that just looking at these fruit makes me a bit happier?

No comments:

Post a Comment