19 October 2022

IMHO. 'The Pursuit of Love' ~ seems like love is more elusive than you'd think

One of the two main characters is a whimsical woman who spends her life sincerely searching for love and meaning, and just as sincerely displaying remorse after realising she did not succeed. Time and time again.

The other is a prudent woman who spends her life envying the other, while at the same time disapproving of her, but forgiving her as soon as she shows up. Time and time again.

Their friendship that's described to be so lofty and survive all that happens to them is nothing else but mutual realisation they don't have anyone else. And even though they repeat so many times they love to chat, I can't imagine a single topic they could discuss.

And now that I've managed to write whole 3 paragraphs describing them I'm actually surprised that I squeezed so much out of myself because there's so little I could say. Every other character could be easily described with just one or two words. Only lonely Andrew Scott managed to breathe some life into his character despite how little time he has on screen.

So it puzzles me just where exactly you saw any friendship, any women's point of view, or, to start with, any love in this 'Pursuit of love'.



No comments:

Post a Comment