30 April 2011

bad luck ~ sometimes I end up hating the manga I have read deliberately

it`s awful how the thing go with me... with my reading manga, to be precise. I`ve forgotten which manga is which and I started reading
"Seimaden" by Higuri Yuu
after I read "yami no kakan" I was waiting for something splendid. though I saw "shounen-ai" tag of this manga on some sites, I`ve also read that it`s not the main thing described and I realized I can simply ignore it following the story of the main characters.
in other words, I thought the story would be that great to sweep me off my feet and absorb me completely.
I was mistaken...............
I feel awkward. I used to find great pieces of art by chance, enjoy them and stop and the very moment I see that the further reading/watching/listening will only get worse. now I`ve read lots of useless stuff and I continue making mistakes. what`s wrong with me??? where`s my intuition? T__T
after the 2nd chapter of this manga I already understood the options for the plot to evolve. we either kill the young boy and the girl cries for a while and calmes down, or we kill the demon who gives up and wishes her well and again the girl cries for a while and calmes down. or we might kill her, just if the author is going to show some pathos. well I might be wrong in my prediction but I even don`t care. I was so naive assuming that Hilda will somehow put her demon on the straight and narrow... well, to put it honestly, I wasn`t really expecting this to be the way I want, but deep in my soul I did believe in that. then I saw we have a triangle and I thought "oh nooo" cause I understood - though Laules (I call him that way... idk y) is a demon and he`s not hesitating to kill anyone, all the flowers and fangirl`s admiring go to him. I`m not from that group. sorry guys, I`ll never be able to accept the concept of a person who kills for the sake of love. the only time I was touched by such a story was "Alichino" and I still have some cognitive dissonance after reading that. now this time I cannot join you guys being *___* with Laules...
as for the others I cannot tell anything good either. as for the 2nd volume we have an intricate story of a demon who loves a girl who is loved by another boy whose brother is going to free him of this girl with the help of a woman who loved a man who loved the girl and we also a man who is going to protect the boy and there`s also  an "angel" who loves the demon and a pervert who loves the demon too and there`s one more demon who loves the "angel" and a little girl who loves the "angel" too. isn`t this too much? I already feel like II___II
let us look onto the reasons. so the demon loves the girl `cause she`s beautiful and the girl loves the demon `cause he`s beautiful and sad. and the boy loves the girl `cause she`s beautiful. what`s with that simplicity? I`m not satisfied how pure love is presented. this is sooo wrong... and Sherril who tells Hilda to believe in the person she loves is great! knowing nothing and having no experience in love she just says - have faith! great advice, I admire that
at first I sympathized with Rod and wished Hilda would change her mind `cause Laures was simply obsessed with her. but then I realized I don`t like the girl at all so it`s not really great if it happens like this. she`s not simply irrational - she started to seem a shallow person to me. I just cannot drop reading if I already started, that`s why I`m still reading
and yeah I love those perverts going one by one! so cute... does this make a manga more popular? I wonder
yahoo! it`s getting more and more funny
I laughed a lot seeing Rod say "you must be Laules`s ..." - mwahaha, Laules`s second in command of course, who else!!!
Sherril`s death. that`s a nice way to behave, isn`t it? when you see something is wrong all you have to do is to kill yourself. adorable

another laughable phrase. Tetius - "I love him but not in the way you`re thinking..." yeah we believe that! that`s why mangaka drew the pics with Teti and Laules especially clear and big
thanks goodness she has a sense of humour. I`m glad to see Laules joking that he might love boys. this was funny too
oh and when we`re getting too serious we have an unexpected present - a count-demon who loves Laules too. surprise-surprise!
finally I got used to the stupid plot and I only paid attention to Asubaru `cause he`s cool and Rod of course, `cause he`s too kind and you know... I feel more and more sorry for him.
nothing else distracts me, even those frequent (yeeeah rather frequent) shounen-ai parts (is this a shounen-ai? it`s a otona-otoko-ai actually) and the mess with Karoun, Iria and Gelm and the others... "I love you that`s why I`ll kill you" - this concept has always made me laugh.
so we had a happy ending. that didn`t surprise me much `cause while reading I already understood I don`t care at all if things turn out like this.
I`m happy Rod left. I hope he found a person able to love for an understoodable reason and able to distinguish who is really her beloved.
I am so relieved to proclaim I`ve finished reading this. it was a terrible experience I hope will never be repeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment