05 April 2011

have I got into writing "reviews"?

well, the first thing is - I definitely got into writing in English
I even got into thinking in English & this fact makes me ehm... not too happy but... it seems promising.
two weeks of watching "Primeval" and I already feel better with my English
will it prove to be a real improvement of my "listening comprehension" skills? I hope so
wow it seems to be a long and insignificant discourse
so, about the "Primeval"
please beware of spoilers. better not read this post if you haven`t finished watching yet
at first it was a little entertaining show for me, `cause I didn`t expect any philosophical problems in there... so I was surprised. unfortunately I can`t say this was a totally delightful surprise
I cried when Tom died and that was the moment I understood everything just will not be as funny as I thought. the most unexpected character was Helen of course. she brought a piece of insanity in the plot and the matter of dealing with variants of evolution made me really concerned about what I watch
well, the  first season was great. the plot evolved in an interesting way and I didn`t notice the time passing by. the second season continued the trend and I was enjoying myself episode by episode. the first disappointment came when Stephen died. I know he was a hero, his deed was so selfless... but I didn`t cry. I heard Helen`s voice pronouncing "be patient Stephen" and I was soooo hoping to see him once again `cause I became fond of him (well yeah, at first he seemed simply handsome but then he turned out to be brave and caring).
my surprise grew while I saw nobody trying to raise him from the dead in the third season. and then I understood the reason. this discovery of mine made me sad till the last episode. I understood why somebody dies in the series. it`s just that the actor cannot participate in the show. or doesn`t want to. or is busy somewhere else... I just cannot imagine a director saying "I want to kill your character so please leave". if the actor was successful in his performance and had nothing against going on playing the character, they wouldn`t kick him out of the series, would they? we see Claudia disappearing in the end of the 1st season but the actress came back for another role. there was nothing wrong with it. but Stephen left forever. and that was a pity.
I couldn`t express my delight when that angry and strict Lester escaped death in the Leek`s attempt to destroy him. I was sooo happy... for a single day.
then I saw Nick dying in the 3rd season. I thought it was a mistake, `cause no main character may die in the middle of the story. but there it was. I remembered I`ve read a description of the 4th season stating that both Nick and Helen are dead. well, I didn`t care about Helen, I mean I was sure that`s how it should be and I even knew she wouldn`t be killed by anybody from the team but it would be an accident.
I was right in my prediction and she really died because of a creature attack. that was an appropriate moment for her death but hey, does everyone believe she couldn`t manage to stay alive in the prehistoric era if she knew all those animals having spent some 9 years of her life travelling through time and dealing with different creatures. it seemed strange a little
well the strangeness of Helen`s death is nothing in comparison to the other`s disappearance. I was really surprised to see Jenny leave the ARC. it was a fast decision for the character, but let me think it was not a decision of Jenny but the decision of Lucy Brown.
well it was still ok while there were some other favourable characters. I was glad to know Becker was all right. I saw Connor and Abby come back. I was sure everything was going to be just as it was. I was wrong. the creators of the 4th season fired Jason and Laila. I wasn`t even upset. I just tried hard not to pay attention to the stupidity of this decision. they were so necessary to me and I was fond of them... but I did my best to forget about them and not to think why the reason of Sara`s death was never explained (was it?) and why Danny coulnd`t get back. I thought he was too strong to have died where he happened to be, and the anomaly could open any time. I remembered him fall on his knees and scream in dismay. the picture was so lively in my imagination. luckily, I saw him in the last episode ans this fact made me happy. though I might be disappointed again if he doesn`s appear in the 5th season.
well, Danny is great but absence of the other characters still maked me depressed a little. especially when I saw Janny Lewis. I`m glad she got married to a good man, but that was just too nostalgic for me. I mean, there were so many wonderful things in the beginning, but then all of it declined. everything would be not that bad if there were some brighter things in the plot of the 4th season. there weren`t any, unfortunately. I saw some mystery man, I mean Matt. I`m not even surprised he came from the future. I`m surprised he refused to be by the side of a woman he loves (obviously!). it always surprises me how people are separating trying to protect each other and wishing well to each other, when none of them would be happy to go on alone. I bet Emily is sooo delighted to come back to the husband she doesn`t know exactly and Matt is going to be ok, ha-ha.
I saw Philip introduced for an unknown reason, doing nothing important in particular (until the last episode when we discover something more important) but making Connor tear between different kinds of work. he managed to settle this at last, but I wondered why this decision took so much time of his, `cause the variant of dealing with both tasks was so obviuos to me. wasn`t it the same as he did in the former ARC?
the relations of Connor and Abby were the last straw. I know they are a couple in the real life, so couldn`t Hannah please show some affection in the romantic moments. she always looks at him as if she hates him or is being angry. why is that so? the fact irritates me even more for the reason I see ALP`s behaviour (well I saw only Alice and Primeval so that`s what my judgement is based on. I don`t claim him to be the same in other situations, though I`d like it to be so) as the kind of a treatment of a guy to his beloved I can only dream of. I thought I wouldn`t doubt his feelings for a second and being touched by them I couldn`t keep restrained the way Abby does. how can she make such a face knitting her brow after he kisses her??? >___< it really annoys me. she was in such a negative mood in the first episode when they were stuck in some (I forgot the name...) era, then she was so loving when standing on the balcony (what happened? an access of tenderness?) and then again the anxiety in the scene I described. rather strange thing it seems to me
well, the conclusion would be as follows
I`m looking forward to the 5th season. I`m really mad about the fact they introduced the most interesting and promising things in the end of the end (I mean, the last episode ^.^) and I`ll be waiting for the new season to come. however I`m not really happy `cause I know no one of those favourite characters I`ve lost will return back in the new series

No comments:

Post a Comment