10 April 2011

my humble opinion on FictionJunction - continuing the "playlist" topic

unfortunately I`ve found only the discography of FictionJunction Yuuka, and 2 singles and a compilation album of FictionJunction, but I wish I found all the singles... if I have time I`ll certainly search for them!
 well, let us start
"hitomi no kakera" - I liked the song from the beginning and I even cited a phrase from the lyrics `cause it was so
touching... but I`ve got tired of it too soon
"nowhere" - vice a versa. I didn`t like it at first, but then I grew fond of it. the oriental motif is great, isn`t it?
"inside your heart" - nooo, it`s too plain... though it was meant to be great, as the elements do remind me of "here we stand"
"I`m here" - it`s really tense... but I was waiting for the chorus to relieve the tension. it didn`t... a pity.
"akatsuki no kuruma" - this one is a pearl. the beginning makes you think the song is tender and sad, but then you start hearing the strength and energy and this is simply great
~ piano version - well I like it, though it`s not too great
~ acoustic version - this is not the beneficial variant, I`ll tell you honestly. it lacks the deepness of the original version but doesn`t add anything good. and the intonation in the chorus seems somewhat wrong due to the absense of the nessesary chords
"honoo no tobira" - this one is also great, they are even alike with the previous single. I watched some videos and I can tell you it would soooo great to be in the place of Yuuka or just somebody of the musicians who take part in the performances or create the sound in the studio
~hearty edition - no it wasn`t impressing...
~instrumental edition - well this varitation is interesting, still not very touching
"destination" - another attempt to create some rock? failed
"dare mo inai basho" - well it`s not in my walkman playlist I listen everyday but when I heard this for the first time I though I would cry, so touching it was
"seiya" - the melody is plain, but the whole impression is o`k. something positive, isn`t it? ^_^ my thought was like "wow it is a good item for my J-christmas-party collection"
"shizuka na kotoba" - I didn`t like the song at all though it`s ethereal, you know...
"futari" - and this one is too calm......... snooore
"nostalgia" - I was pretty fond of the verse but the chorus is sooo disappointing... you hear the voice of Yuuka longing for something (you know what nostalgia means, don`t you) but then... the chorus is bad, really
"silly-go-round" - oh that`s awesome. the whole song keeps you attentive and the RIZUMU is also contributing to this. and yeah the chinese (I think it sounds chinese...) tune was also a great addition
"angel gate" - as far as I remember it wasn`t composed by Kajiura. and it`s too plain for me...
"kouya ruten" - I like from the very beginning till the very end. it`s so... full..... o_O I know it`s strage but that`s how I call this type of songs
"blessing" - I like it `cause it`s a lovely waltz. but it`s getting a little annoying already
"romanesque" - it`s a spanish-like song. I usually greet such songs with pleasure (like "agehachou" for example) but this is not a great one
"yakusoku" - this is a one more WOW. i somehow overlooked the whole single but when I finally downloaded it.....
"circus" - a little bit too (I like such phrases ^.^) calm but nonetheless I enjoy it!
"aikoi" - another song I missed while downloading and proved to be worth of searching and downloading the elbum several times more ^^` it has a different mood I wasn`t even expecting to meet in a song by Yuuka. and that`s only for the better
"yorokobi" - I was thinking for a while if I like the song or not. it`s not bad but I lean in favour of not-liking it... ^^`
"hikaru sabaku" -yeeah this thing reminds me of  "I have a dream" but it`s not that great. I think I`d better read some manga or just think about something for this song to be a kind of background for some events happening in front of my eyes
"piano" - I did like the song but due to the constant repeating tune it`s getting on my nerve
"rokugatsu wa..." - it`s tooooo calm and doesn`t impress me at all. you know, it doesn`t worth listening at all. it`s not that I don`t like such songs. I liked "torikago no yume" by Arai Akino (it`s from Aria 3rd season if you don`t know) but "rokugatsu..." is not a good work
"hoshikuzu" - it`s interesting and I even added it to the walkman playlist. but it`s not a song I would like to hear Keiko`s voice in. I wonder why Kajiura-sensei gives the worst things to Keiko. she does deserve a good piece for a solo...
"kioku no mori" - the only thing I like in the song is the background high voice (is it Kaida? or Kasahara? or someone else? well in any case - my respect)
"dream scape" - why is that name written in 2 words? well, just wondering. Japlish is a great thing isn`t it? ^.^ the song itself... I love it. the melody well it`s not very unique but the jazz feeling (in the end especially) is just sooo suitable to the general style of Kajiura... (tu-ru-tu-tu-tu-tu-rui-ra...)
"gin no hashi" - there`s a part I like - the oriental tune between the verse and the chorus. the rest is bad
"kaze no machi e" - tooooo plain. again a waste of Keiko`s voice
 "here we stand..." - Kaida can`t be bad, can she? ^____^ I liked the song in the original version (Chiba Saeko to those of you who don`t know ^_~) but this one is also great. love Yuriko`s voice. brilliant
"sinchronicity" - I thought it has always been a Keiko`s song but I was wrong. and you know what surprises me the most? I don`t like neither the original by Yui Makino (I heard her in Aria osts - and that was just the music she should perform, having such a soft and calm voice) nor the Keiko`s version. her vocal is good but the melody and the arrangement are a blow
"hanamori no oka" - let me cite Alice (from Alice of syfy) - what is it??? I`ll even answer - an ugly waltz... so cheap...
"mizu no akashi" - a moodless ballad. nononoo it`s too balladish to listen! I`ve heard this like... millions of times
"casador del amor" - an attempt to create something energetic and... spanish. failed. the violines are great, however
"himitsu" - again Yuriko. what can I add? ^_^
"houseki" - well the chorus is o`k but the general impression is not too great. yeah the melody is interesting and it`s not too pop or anything else... but I just don`t like the song. I feel like there should be something else, something more
"yume no tsubasa" - what`s this, again? a song for a closing ceremony of a children arts festival? like "we`re all united by the spirit of art and we love each other and we love you and everything`s just great and how kind the people and the animals are" (the last is a quoutation translated from Russian ^^`). I see them standing on the stage and waving their hands together under the spreading rhythm of the song. well the vocal is ok
"michiyuki" - a boring song... it`s even hard to remember the melody... I only remember the repeated part which is rather disgusting
"everlasting song" - as an ost it`s good, I do believe, but I`m not eager to listen it many times, you know
"parallel hearts" - a really disgusting thing... I can clearly see how the "pandora hearts" inscription appears on the screen in the opening on the 0-14. it might be a good thing but I don`t like the fact that the song makes any sense only together with the picture. you know, there are all the elements necessary for a successful song. I mean, the vocal is no doubt beautiful, there`s a violin part which is undoubtedly loved by all the fans, especially by those who cannot play violin (like "wow that`s really great how the player can easily play the fast and high notes" or something like this... guys, even I can do this. please don`t be overimpressed) and the melody is o`k for those who aren`t too expierienced in j-pop-...
"hitomi no chikara" - it`s like Kajiura was given 10 minutes to create a new song and asked to make something slow and calm. well, it is slow and calm. cheap and plain, also
"toki no mukou..." - it could be a good song of Kalafina. but that`s FictionJunction`s one, so I was expecting to hear something more distinguished.
"nohara" - and again Keiko`s wasting her beautiful low voice. we have one more plain, slow and calm song with no particular mood or just anything..... what a pity!
conclusion - Keiko`s and Yuuka`s voices are great. others are sooo average... and the songs are good only in Yuuka`s repertoire, others are average again.
though some songs pleased me, the general thought about the Kalafina and FJ projects is "I was waiting for something greater..."

No comments:

Post a Comment