01 September 2011

a quest

I've listened to many girls collaborating with Kajiura. so, it's time to make some conclusions.

to me Saeko Chiba proved to be perhaps the most successful project of Kajiura. yeah Kalafina is great, but it IS bombast, even though there are songs I love in their discography.
also Yuuka is great. no surprise they were together with Saeko for some time. and tiaraway was the greatest period!
I started with Makino, who's not a child of Kajiura but she was singing some songs composed by Kajiura-sensei, and I can't keep silent about this.
on the other hand, what can I say? I'm not in a great disappointment but I'm neither a fan of those songs. in other words, Makino was not necessary for the performance of those songs. I'm especially angry with the fact she was involved in TRC, and I truly believe she's much better that a simple pop-singer with a cute voice. I wish she always stayed on the level of OSTs for ARIA.
like, I thought 'yume no tsubasa' was a song composed specially for the 'everlasting songs' but it wasn't. I wish it was! >____<
on the other hand, the Keiko's version of 'synchronicity' isn't pleasing me either ^.^ it's somewhat affected and we hear it was meant to be that of a strong woman.... o_O but the lyrics were unchanged - and... like... WTF?
oh and I shouldn't forget about my constant sorrow - Kaida-san! she never released a solo album. that would be a dream-like thing! I looooove her voice
on the whole, it's really controversial. there are plenty of things I like in Kajiura-sama's products and there are those I DO dislike. there's somewhat a general tendency that the earlier songs seem better to me - that doubles the controversy 'cause I usually like the late compositions, but not the first and 'green' ones.
the only thing I can say for sure is that I've listened to almost all of the projects of Kajiura, except for See-Saw which is like a sweet desert so I'm leaving it for a while to return for it somewhen. taking into account the fact I almost dislike the late songs of Kajiura and the opinion of my friend who already listened to the last single of FJ - there'll be no more pleasant surprises.
what a pity

No comments:

Post a Comment