23 October 2011

the next tale

how me managed to encounter with Nana Kitade was a hard thing to remember. but me recalled it successfully
me was searching for bands created by seiyuus, and me remembered of Peach Hips, who were Sailormoon's seiyuus. then me started watching vids connected with the anime, and me watched a cover of 'moonlight densetsu' by Kitade. 'twas ugly, me daresay. so me thought, me would never ever listen to her other songs. BTW, she also covered 'Versailles no Bara' theme song 'bara wa utsukushiku chiru' and me should tell it didn't gain anything either from Nana's rough voice and rockish background. it sounds much better in the original version with soft voice and calm back
however, what changed my mind was the lolita trend of Nana-san. me likes her look in 'slave of kiss' especially.
still the song mentioned is not what me likes most among Nana's songs.
let me state firstly, that Nana-san belongs to that rare breed whose songs do not only fail to improve with time, but even lose their quality and uniqueness.
as for your humble servant, he got used to the opposite trend when the first albums are experimental and representing the process of performers development searching the most suitable style of 'em, while the later ones seem much more mature.
secondly, me wants to say me shall not review every single song of Nana-san. 'tis quite unnecessary and a waste of time.
the first single was 'kesenai tsumi' and though me doesn't like it too much, the main song was a FMA theme song, if you understand what me is speaking about. that is a significant fact, me daresay.
then we have 'utareru ame' which is also great, and the 'b-sides' are also good, especially the 'utakata' called one.
me also liked 'call me' of the next single 'kanashimi no kizu' though the main song of the single was not too outstanding.
let me tell you that 'pureness' was also a theme song for a shounen. coupled with the previously mentioned anime, this fact gives us an impression of Nana-san as a slightly tomboyish and strong girl, with a clearly distinguished j-rock style.
the album 'eighteen' was the best. it included the songs me named and also the greatest masterpiece of Nana-san called 'rasen' which means 'spiral'. the line 'these thoughts only draw a spiral' in the chorus made me believe in the strong feelings there were in the song, while the words generally matched the mood of the melody itself, making the song quite sincere and credible.
then we have the covers album which left no particular impression (so that me believes the originals were cooler) and some other songs which were also nothing to me.
the album 'I scream' (the name is a play on the word 'ice-cream' as me honourable guests may understand from the cover presenting Nana-san with the sweet thing on her face) provided me with an only song me liked - that is 'm'aider'. quite disappointing...
then we come to the 'Antoinette blue' single. as wikipedia tell us, 'the title is a reference to Marie Antoinette, who was famous for having a grey-blue diamond ring'. me is reading SP at the moment so me was really interested in Marie Antoinette, and me was hoping to hear something decent but the song proved to be just disgusting. the usual female-j-rock-would-be-pop-but-too-heavy-for-it ways and nothing in particular. me also managed to know the song was the D.Gray-man's theme song. they make a pair.
that is how me hate for Kitade started growing in the depth of me soul, for that she lost her style and strength.
what follows the single is a number of pretty useless and uninteresting songs, which me doesn't remember the names of. me only payed attention to 'lamia' which has a gothic mood, and also 'ehter' and 'under babydoll' which go in the same stream, the latter being really good, like a sunray through the cloud. 'lamia' however was spoiled by Nana-san's screaming in the end which is not really adding any charm to the song and to be honest sound like something odd, though me understands her attentions.
Kitade then joined the band Loveless, which is some... noise-pop-rock or what? well since 'tis noise, we hear mainly noise in the songs, and me can't say anything good 'bout 'em.
me should also mention Nana-san hasn't released any singles from 2009 but for the Loveless EP. methinks 'tis for the better as me is not willing to listen to her gothic experiments anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment