30 December 2011

my humble opinion: 'Bolero' by Star Troupe (2010)

did I say I like revues more than musicals sometimes? oh, I did...
then... did I say sometimes the worse the musical, the better the revue? I did... 
this is the case proving my conclusion once again. well, I might be the only one who thinks this way, but I enjoy watching Yuzuki-sama and Nene-chan being so cute and smiling happily, instead of trying to make the audience shudder with awe or weep for the characters... I am speaking of the 'spring' scene in particular.
if only anyone explained me what Africa has to do with bolero... well, I like the scene where the guys are shot, and then Yuzuki-sama sayth nobody will die today ^.^
concerning the covers for this time, 'tis the 'adagio' by Albinoni sung by Nene-chan and an unknown to me song in Spanish (as far as I have heard) that is mixed with it. oh, and classics also becomes a victim of the Zuka's love for covering. and what really maketh me hate myself is that I do not remember the name of the melody played when the girls wearing white dresses with fans in their hands and Yuzuki-sama (also in white) dance on the stairs >___< the otokoyaku dance this time is also a really brave decision for a revue, as it covers the famous masterpiece toccata&fuga. I am not totally sure 'tis a must do, even for Zuka, which pretends to be 'pure proper and beautiful'.
surprise-surpriiiise, I did not like the Bolero itself. IMHO, it had too much energy expressed, while it should have been much more subtle, especially in the beginning, when the melody is quite quiet. oh, sorry for the unexpected words play ^^`
I was so bored watching the dance that I even dared to think of some funny comments, the thing I do every time I see something interesting in my life. this time 'twas something like 'hey, Nene, dost thou know that Yuzuki-sama is cheating on thee? moreover, with an otokoyaku?' I hope no one is hurt by my remark, blame my imagination, it frequently spins out of control...
and one more thing that bothers me every time. who is responsible for the clothes design? I would like to say 'tis almost always perfect, and beautiful, etc... but sometimes it makes me wonder if there is a sacramental meaning I do not get. I mean, Yuzuki-sama wears a brown costume with golden stripes, and everybody else is wearing a golden costume with brown sleeves, and 'tis absolutely beautiful, but then enters Nene-chan in... a lilac dress. wha?
concerning the ending... 'twas the longest saying goodbye to the public I have ever seen! I love when they do not leave the stage as soon as they finish the performance, and if I were a big fan of the Troupe I would certainly be happy with such a repeating curtain fall-rise. as I am not, I was simply enjoying the fun. Yuzuki-sama is so funny, when kumichou was announcing the siennas that were born in Osaka ^.^

conclusion
a funny thing to watch and relax, as there are not many serious or sad topics concerned

No comments:

Post a Comment