14 January 2012

I HATE GOOGLE

'tis the first time in my life that I say such cruel words, but 'tis the way I feel after learning that Google Desktop hath been discontinued since September. well, the installed one I have worketh as usual, but the development ceased to be, and we cannot even download the application from the official blog
one can never imagine how much I loved Desktop for its quiet work in the background that allowed me to find the necessary files on the computer at an instant. I even dreamt of creation of an OS based on the same principle - and that was the time when no one was thinking of it
what I wanted to emphasize is that the argument why Desktop project was stopped sound like a complete nonsense
'moving to web-based applications' - what is it??? I do not give a damn if someone moved to a web-based application, but I do store tons of my favourite music and videos on my computer. oh, shall I move a terrabyte of media files to the web?
'shift from local to cloud-based storage and computing' - I am sorry, wha? where do I find that cloud-based computing??? I only dream of it, as I already mentioned above, as it appeared but 'tis not imbuing our computing right now!
'integration of Google Desktop functionality ... into most modern operating systems' - oh, really? should someone point me where 'tis integrated in my Win7, I shall be grateful

conclusion
I hate Google for discontinuing the project from the very bottom of my heart - unless they DO create a nice substitute. well, I imagine they do, but I strongly doubt it will reach me personally very soon. in this global world I am still living as an outcast in terms of new technologies

No comments:

Post a Comment