14 January 2012

my humble opinion on 'Tamayura ~hitotose~'

would be strange if I did not say anything about the TV series, though they are simply the continuation of the OAV

everything is precisely the same, so I would like to mention only the things that changed

the music
changed, but what did not change is my feeling of being bored and a strong desire to skip OPEDS or play them on a 3x speed. well, Maaya's singing improved a bit, that is laudable, but not enough to make me love the songs. the background music is also not very impressive
though 'tis not mentioned in WA which I use to refer, the song 'yasashisa ni tsutsumareta nara' in 'Hitotose' was not by Maaya, but by marble, both the voice and the arrangement

the food
no, it did not change very much, but it became a nice habit of them to show a new dessert every time the girls go to the Tamayura Cafe. they really do aim to kill me by the means of my own appetite...

the characters
probably 'tis wrong to say they changed, but I changed my perception of them. in comparison with Akari, Fuu seemeth to be much more shy and introverted, and Sayomi is vice versa more open and free to do anything she liketh, though she is the same gentle and caring girl as Alicia. I wonder if their TIMs are also different...

the funny elements
increased a bit. what I love especially is the puns on the famous phrase about the sponsors
'kono bangumi wa goran no sponsaa no teikyou de ookuri itashiMOUshita' or 'itashiMOSSHA~' while there is nothing written on the screen
'kono bangumi wa *whistle*'
what I have forgotten to mention while writing about the OAV is the Norie's obsession with Kou. though some may thing she is into something dirty, that doth not seem to be that way. I do admit Japanese children are cute, though I hate children usually
and though I am not able to fully appreciate the jokes of Dougo, I was a kind of sympathizing with him, wishing him a happy end concerning Hoboro owner line
the comments of Maon were also very cute, as I could recognize my own silly fantasies in Maon's absurdish suggestions

the points I dislike
'twas the he episode 6 when I understood that 'twas a little bit too much. the exaggerated feeling of awkwardness, crying and laughing when there is nothing really sad or cool, unnatural behaviour and false emotions - sometimes I was noticing them and that spoilt me the impression of the anime in the whole
taking the 6th episode as an example:
Fuu sayeth Maon that her story seemed interesting - a mere beginning of a fairy-tale. is it only me who cannot appreciate the splendidness of it?
a girl trying to whistle when seeing some girls crying - not only trying but doing it with all her might. that doth not seem quite appropriate to me
girls stopped crying and applause to a girl who just learnt how to whistle. is it such a great achievement when a person can whistle? or is it so difficult to learn?
the silly moments which are supposed to have a deep meaning and impress me greatly but fail to do that are spread throughout the series, instead they make me feel awkward. moreover, some characters piss me off while they were created to be cute and lively. I speak of Komachi, for example. an anime in general and this one in particular is not supposed to be like that, am I wrong?
again, comparing it with 'Aria' doth not make it seem better. Akari was clumsy - but never too clumsy to make someone of her surroundings feel uncomfortable, and of course we, the admirers of 'Aria', were not bothered by it anyway. Aika was an overly active girl, but she never causing too much trouble to the others. Alice was a shy and really introverted person, but put her near Maon - never that shy
though I thought the characters to be portrayed very distinctively, looking closer revealed that they are a little bit messed up and strange. while the types of everyone in 'Aria' were clear and understandable, thus creating a feeling of their adequacy, girls in 'Tamayura' are somewhat blurred. Fuu is a more introverted and being clumsy as Akari, her attitude towards her clumsiness seemeth to be much deeper. Aika's type seemeth to be divided between Kaoru and Norie, though they both are quite different from Aika, taken separately. and Maon is not alike Alice, as I've said. Alicia's features are only seen in Sayomi sometimes, mostly she is not that composed and serious. that is what I think of the main ones
in general the characters in 'Tamayura' seem to be less self-confident and simply weaker. as if they all need protection and soothing. actually, I cannot blame them for it - are there many of us who are not weak and waiting for someone to appear or something to occur? however, watching 'Aria' made me calm, and watching 'Tamayura' made me worry. that is why I could not simply relax and enjoy

the points I like
though too 'drawled', the series give us something to think of. the idea I like the most is the ticket with no destination which remindeth us that we decide the future ourselves and are free to change everything we want any time we want. 'tis truth and we should not let it to slip away
the same freedom is felt in minor moments, such as Norie's excitement when she heard about the plans of the girl in the photo studio to be the first to confess
I also loved those moments when the girls were freely saying what they feel, like that in case with Maon's parents when the girls were worried about Maon being made inherit the ryokan
another free expression of feelings was when they told how much they like/love each other, discussed their friendship or relations of other people like that of Komachi and Kou, Shihomi and Chimo, Chimo and her sempai. and no trace of dirty thoughts or unnecessary accents on the relationship. is it not great?

conclusion
there are a lot of simple but important things conveyed by this anime to us, however thee method of conveying may be sometimes a little messy and silly, slow and boring - so, be ready
refraining myself from being so carping, I cannot deny the obvious merit of the very fact that this anime exists, moreover, 'twas created in 2011, in the era of commercial hollow fluff which I believe is taking place now

No comments:

Post a Comment