11 January 2012

my humble opinion on 'The Glow of Sunset in Asuka' by Moon Troupe (2004)

Zuka can heal us. I was already aware that I can easily be consoled by watching an anime, but Zuka's performances have even a greater effect on depressions

the most important fact
yaaay! I watched a show without Kiriya-sama in it!
'tis a big achievement for me, who is alsmost unable to tear off Kiriya-sama's performances and watch something different
actually, 'twas my initial intention, to watch the first performance I find in my Zuka folder, and accidentally I clicked on 'The Glow'. when I realized 'twas a Moon performance I thought 'twas my fate, to see Kiriya-sama again, but she did not turn up in the cast. I still wonder why... was she too busy with her dinner show? o.O

singing
a surprise. though not a good one, not a bad one, simply I was surprised with Ayaki-sama's voice, as I supposed her to have another kind of voice
Emi-san's voice was also a nice one to listen to. a 'warm' one, but also a sweet one, not too soft and not too piercing, which is good. not an outstanding one, which is not really bad, but not an advantage, too

acting
I chose Sena-sama's version to watch, as Oozora-sama is obviously not my preference, and Takashiro-san is simply unknown for me (and I have no will to get acquainted with her). now I even regret about it, as Sena-sama in the beginning was too cute for an 'evil' character
another important thing I realized, I love young siennas playing children. it began when I saw Reika-chan playing prince Louis Charles in SP. I was fond of young prince by Mira-chan in 'Prince of the Land of Roses'. I enjoyed the children version of Holly and Becky in 'Studio 54', and also those chidren in the orphanage. each time of that I did not realize I like the whole concept, I thought I liked that particular scene. now I can firmly state I love scenes envolving children characters. and this time we had Mirio playing the main character in his childhood. ohhhh, Mirio, thou wert a cute little girl once... I do not mean, she is not cute anymore, I mean she grew up, and her ken already exceedeth the 'junior' 7 level, and the young boys and girls are played by the next generation now
actually, I cannot name anything interesting about acting this time. 'twas not bad, but 'twas not outstanding. what I can remember from the performance is only the cry of Emi-san in the end and her following monologue about the happiness of a peaceful life with Karatsukuri that was already lost for her - that was impressing. I do think that siennas are great in showing the deep despair, which can consist in both loud sobbing and quiet shedding tears
as for the others, 'twas credible enough, but nothing special about them. I cannot even praise Sena-sana or Oozora-sama, as they showed nothing interesting during the play. everything was of high quality, but average at the same time. as for me, I prefer when people exceed themselves and do something out of their range every time. as Kiriya-sama said, 'tis no show if there is no challenge for a sienna

summary
the biggest advantge of the show is that, 'tis a Japanese one, with a story about Japan, with music, dance and songs being very close to the ancient Japanese ones. I would be happy to watch something Japanese sitting in the audience sometime. however, I cannot name any other attractive points of this particular performance. oh, I forgot, there are masochists among us (no offence guys, in my point of veiw ye art masochists...) who like tragedies - 'tis obviously a story for them, as it proveth one more time how cruel people can be out of jealosy - but let me be honest, 'tis no surprise, is it? and the way 'twas showed presenteth nothing unique to catch my eye
well, a nice thing to broaden our minds and kill some time

No comments:

Post a Comment