09 January 2012

impressions of the FNS 2011

the complete concert can be easily found in the web, so providing the vid/link doth not seem necessary for me

actually, it might seem to be a big contradiction to what I said yesterday. me watching the recent music festival full of pop(ular) performers??? have I not just claimed to have no interest in them?
however, this is a completely different case. yep, 'tis not a justification or attempt to convince myself I am sinless. 'tis the truth, and there are some reasons to explain this fact
 I was not told by anyone that there exists such a festival, and I did not hear any discussions etc (where could I? I never check anything connected with the Japanese pop scene life), so I was not for a moment tempted to watch it
what led me to watching the show was Zuka. I was so naive to think that there is nothing except for a short song by Ayaka and two stars. how can a Top Star miss such an event? no way! however, the Ayaka's part was cut out and free for downloading as a separate vid, and the next two songs were not. that is why I had to download the whole concert
while I had to download it I did not have to watch it. and I did not. however, I felt there might me something interesting, so I looked through it (playing the performances of those whom I was indifferent for in a 3.00x speed), since I have already downloaded it
and there turned out to be a few interesting things

Ashida Mana-chan
when I see such kids I wonder what would happen with them in the future. she is a real star right now, but what next? she might get tired very soon, or she might turn out to be a bad actress when she groweth up... that is the worst scenario that can happen, and though I wish it never doth, I am simply afraid it might
three girls and one man
the girls are Nakagawa Shouko and miwa and Aikawa Nanase-san. the man is the director/creator/idk who - but he let them stand on one stage - not simply stand but sing together. even if I am biased with my hatred for Shouko for her previous performances, this time her 'lack of talent' was simply obvious. when we, the audience, hear a line sung by Shouko/miwa and a line sung by Aikawa-san we can compare the true uniqueness and the miserable 'imitators' the same moment - and there is only one conclusion we can make, and that conclusion is not in favour of those two. why should they cover such great songs? I wonder. I wonder how they dare to cover famous masterpieces, and even more, dare to do this together with the original performer. they are both cute enough so they might enjoy a good career like that of Horie-chan, etc. they might sing nice songs made for themselves - and be quite happy. 'tis for sure, none of their fans careth for their voice, as they have none - oh, 'twas rude. they have some semblance of a voice, the same as several hundred millions other Japanese average girls scoring 80% at the nearby karaoke club. I mean, whatever they sing, there would be people to love them simply for their images, their styles - a cute almost-loli and a schooler with a guitar is what we see this time. compare even the styles of the two songs, as thou hast a good chance, they follow one another very quickly. do they think they understand the 90s rock style? the song of a former bosouzoku idol? the hymn of a free youth crying with all their might? or maybe I am wrong in my impression of Aikawa-san and these features are not describing her? however that may be, every time Aikawa-san was singing I was admiring, and every time she did not I was closing my ears not to hear what was happening. even looking on her was a pleasure, so cool she was in her 'shorts suite' and so musical her movements were, showing both a stylish approach and the level of her feeling what she doth on stage
WaT and some unknown guys
yeah, idk them. and have no intention to get to know them. and btw, I care nothing about this particular song of those two sweet guys, as I simply almost hate most part of their discography
Iwasaki Hiromi-san
I wondered why her voice sounded a little familiar to me, and then I checked her name in Google - to understand I have already listened to some songs by her younger sister, Yoshimi-san. both of them worth of respect, and their singing should be an example to guide by the younger generation. and Ayaka-chan was quite a good choice to become a duet with Hiromi-san
Tokunaga Hideaki-san
I saw him for the first time, and I was able to listen to the 'kowarekake no radio' in the 'original', as I only heard the cover on the '14 covers - Takarazuka otokouta' album. that was nice. shall I mention ATSUSHI spoiling the whole song making it sound too pop?
SPEED and AKB48
heey, I somehow happened to listen to AKB girls singing line by line. 'twas awful, even more disgusting than I expected. they simply were unable to reach the high notes of the songs, while the SPEED girls were singing it as something quite usual ROFL
'maru maru mori mori'
was cute again (of course) - and very indicative, as the kids were obviously unable to sing in such smooth voices while doing very swift movements. heeey, they are doing a lip-synch!
btw, SKE&AKB
were doing the same, were they not? both as their movements were also unsuitable for singing, and as their voices were too pure in comparison with the live singing together with SPEED
'donna toki mo'
was the same as 'radio' - I heard the Zuka cover first, and now I heard another cover by Koichi Domoto and ... which was ugly, btw, as both of them did not sing the right notes at all..... >___<
Hirai Ken-san
at first I disliked him, but when he was singing with Yakushimaru Hiroko, I really appreciated his high and flexible voice
finally I arrive at Zuka's part
while 'ohisama' is already described by me as a very unsuccessful piece of Ayaka-chan (both for her own voice and Zuka's girls), the other songs are also worthy of mentioning
Oozora-sama was enjoying herself of the opposite stage with Masayuki Suzuki-san. actually both the song and the state of Oozora-sama's voice did not impress me... the only interesting moment in the whole show was when 'guys' from Ayaka's stage somehow managed to run round the hall and come to the back part of Oozora-sama's stage
the song with Makihara Noriyuki was again very plain and boring. it made me even more sleepy that I was at half past four in the morning
of course, a gentleman should not leave his better half when he leaveth for a party. or, should I say - a gentleotokoyaku? well, Nono was also present, though her part was to shine with her white dress on the stage and raise her hand in the end together with everybody else. oh, she had one line to sing - how generous of the show directors. hmmmm, doth that mean she singeth so badly no one was willing to give her any longer musical phrase? just joking, no offense. to tell the truth, I was unable to judge about her singing this time (yep, even I was - whom it usually taketh very little to judge about anything)
Condors dancing with Go Hiromi-san
'tis nice to see adult guys in school uniform fooling around on the stage
Arashi's
performance was poor. much worse than one could expect. while KAT-TUN and NEWS are also boys-band of the same kind, they can sing at least, am I wrong? at the same time, we have Hakase Tarou-san performing with them...
T. M. Revolution
was nice to hear, despite him being no young boy. Asakura Daisuke was really cool both for his playing piano and for his white hair. and Gekidan Suzaku was also a very entertaining thing, and I feel sorry for them being so infamous outside Japan, as I could not spot any info in English on them in the web
w-inds
performance was bad. a pop song might be ok, but a pop voice of the soloist is no good, as 'twas meant to be different... or so I thought when hearing their 'paradox' several years ago (oh... not several... almost 7 years ago >___<)
SMAP
another bad discovery. how could I listen to their single 'dangan fighter' and even enjoy it? such a great company of awful voices

summary
a lot of great musicians and singers on the same stage as untalented and boring idols. a complete waste of time in general,


_____
somehow after checking the info about those performing on FNS, I ended up checking other singers as well. one of them was Honda Minako-san. never knew her life was so short, as I never noticed there were two dates describing her, not only the birth one. after a failed attempt to recall where I have heard her name I checked world-art.ru to understand she was the brilliant performer of 'lullaby' from Rayearth. though 'lullaby' itself seemed nothing great, the b-side 'kono uta o for you' is one of my favourite songs ever, and Minako-san's voice is showing all its might in the last chorus of that song. meseems, I have found the next performer to get acquainted with! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment