08 February 2012

my humble opinion on Maaya's works

let me be honest, I never loved her very much. listening closely to her works did not change my opinion very much, even though I anticipated it could
first, I was surprised greatly when I heard 'empty the pocket' from Escaflowne on her very first album. though I was aware the song is Kanno-sama's work, I did not know Maaya had already become Kanno-sama's pet then. therefore, I never knew 'twas Maaya's voice I was listening to some 5 years ago
however, apart from famous Escaflowne songs, my favourite being 'kaze ga fuku hi' and 'yakusoku wa iranai', the others did not present anything unique or interesting
the only ones I can highlight are those from 'easy listening' album and 'getsuyou no asa'. well, RaXephon osts are also good, not superb, but good at least
considering her voice... the only thing that makes me interested is - how does Maaya manage to sound so differently? sometimes she sings softly and her voice is so touching, but sometimes she sings like billions of other young girls in Japan... and I am left with the expression like o____O
the other fact I should state is that sometimes even Kanno-sama's works did not make Maaya an outstanding singer. I could not imagine Kanno-Maaya collaboration can be that boring...
well, the only thing I have to add does not concern Maaya... Steve Conte, simply great. no disappointments, no regret about hearing his voice... *______*
BTW, simultaneously with Steve singing in the chorus of 'The Garden of Everything' we can hear Maaya humming 'Fly away on the wings of the wind' from 'Prince Igor' opera

No comments:

Post a Comment