14 February 2012

my humble opinion on Yoko Ueno

having listened to her collaboration with Masumi Itou on Haibane OST I decided they are both wonderful, having great voices and perfect style
the next song by Yoko was the Soukou no Strain OP theme - 'message'. the song was so beautiful that I listened to it without stopping and started to sing it by myself
inspired with those ones, I was determined to download Yoko's discography
after I finally laid my hands on several albums, there was no limit to my joy
bad points
this joy did not last for long, though
why? I am a huge fan of new age, ethereal sound and unique compositions!
this was too much even for me. the music proved to be just TOO ethereal and almost faceless. 'twas especially difficult to listen to it in the evening when I am usually active and busy. the songs made me either sleepy or simply I felt dizzy 
well, those songs would be completely suitable for Haibane's atmosphere, or something like that. however, they are not very listenable (I am a great inventor of words) when taken separately from some kind of video
the good points
there should be some, eh?
well, there are some songs with ethnic feeling about them, involving absolutely gorgeous instruments, both acustic (lots of violin, guitar, drums, piano) and synthesiser
and the voice of Yoko-sama is always beyond all expectations
conclusion!
I would prefer her singing more emotional songs with more feelings conveyed... as for now, she seems to be wasting her talent, her voice, and her poetry abilities - oh yes, she writes some lyrics herself
p. s.
there appeared to exist a song called 'Asia no Hana' by Zabadack - a band where Ueno is a member. and thtt particular song was mixed by Susumu-sama later. oh, am I not great when I recognized some corellation between the styles of their works while listening to Ueno's 'Tokyo Humming'?

No comments:

Post a Comment