17 February 2012

my humble opinion on 'transparent world' by Fujiwara Hiro

after reading 'kaichou' I felt an urge to get acquainted with the style of Fujiwara-sensei
her graphics I consider great, and the most important point here is that it looks a little slipshod, almost like that of an amateur, but nevertheless 'tis a style, not the lack of it which gives such an impression
another point I appreciate greatly is that we can see progress, not regress as the chapters of 'kaichou' increase in numbers, unlike Watsuki-sensei whose style became so simplyfied and ugly that most 'Kenshin' fans complained about this fact and wished the style stayed as 'twas in the beginning
my delight with reading 'kaichou' was so great that I decided to search for more. unfortunately, there is only one oneshot available in the web (am I mistaken? are there any other?), so my pleasure did not last for long, but what a pleasure 'twas!
'transparent world' is that kind of oneshots which present a short slice of life, but express the idea greatly. though I am not fan of sad stories like this, I was able to read it to the end, and I liked it much more than a happy-ending 'tsuki no shippo' which I finished this week (BTW I did not even feel like reading the prequel of it)
the idea we have this time is simple and trite, and the manga tells us how we should appreciate the life we have and live it to the fullest, spending our time in joy of everyday activities, the explanation of this being offered as a boy who died just 5 days before his birthday and stayed in this world as a ghost because he was so determined to live until the birthday comes. I would never be touched by such a simple plot if not for the style I am speaking of so frequently. and the style was present, 'twas almost tangible there
at the same time, I feel sorry for being unable to explain what I mean by 'style' this time. no sudden turns in the storyline, no unexpected lines of the characters, no special surprises or whatever, only the fact that every frame there was full of deep feelings and made me cry a little in the end

conclusion
the only fact I can state for sure is that among all the oneshots (or not oneshots) full of fanservice and cheap tricks to please the readers this one is the 'real' one and worthy of reading

No comments:

Post a Comment