06 March 2012

interview translation. Kiriya's last day in Grand Theatre

this time I decided to give up my proper sleep at night. so, I am trying to translate the article
hope my lack of sleeping does not affect the translation...

Interview with Kiriya Hiromu on the closing night of Moon Troupe performance in Takarazuka Grand Theatre
March, 5th, (Monday), was the closing day of the musical 'Edward VIII' -the love that cost him the crown- and brilliant stage 'Misty Station' -the terminal station in fog-.
After the performance ended, an interview concerning retirement was held
Kiriya Hiromu
'Just now, I was honoured to graduate from the Takarazuka Grand Theatre with a feeling of happiness. For me, the Takarazuka Grand Theatre is a 'home ground', and I am full of gratitude to all, for being able to come to finish so lively. I want to head the Tokyo performance polishing my skills even more, so that together with everyone we will creatre a good performance'
Q. Your feelings when you were waiting for today to come?
A. I was wondering, what I would feel heading towards this day, but I felt perfectly self-possessed and happy. The musical, farewell show, greeting, all of these I did with the same mental strain as usual, and I am releived that something is already finished. I felt that I was performing in the closing night show
Q. Reason why you chose hakama and haori for the greeting?
A. I am a male-role player, and a student of Takarazuka at the same time, therefore I decided long ago that I would like to give my greeting being able to wear a hakama for the last time
Q. How was the penlight in the audience during the farewell performance?
A. The audience was beautiful like a sea of stars. It was a moment of happiness, that I was bestowed with a chance to sing in such a space
Q. The moment you thought it was the last moment of standing in Takarazuka Grand Theatre?
A. I was not thinking that it was the last performance while playing, but when it ended and I was receiving applause on the curtain call, I was observing the audience of the theatre and I keenly felt  like 'so, I will never stand here again...'

No comments:

Post a Comment