22 June 2012

translation. about 'My Fair Lady' 2013 ~ though not very informative...

at least I should find some info about the coming musical!
well, 'tis not really coming... as we have still a YEAR before it starts - no exact dates are given, but it will take place in May, 2013
what did you say? MAY??? やべ~....... exactly when I have my diploma... my God...... what am I to do??? T______T
ok, しっかりしなきゃ!

'My Fair Lady' with Kiriya Hiromu and Matobu Sei as Eliza
Musical 'My Fair Lady' was announced to take place in 2013, with Kiriya Hiromu and Matobu Sei as Eliza.
The first performance was a Broadway musical in 1956 starring Julie Andrews and Rex Harrison. In Japan, the first performance was in 1963, and the musical was staged several times until in 1990 Mao Daichi became the 6th Eliza. In 2010 the last performance of Daichi Mao as Eliza happened, and the number or performances with her leading reached 600.
2013 marks the 50 anniversary of the musical in Japan, and a new version of it was announced, with Kiriya Hiromu and Matobu Sei as Eliza (W cast). Both Kiriya Hiromu and Matobu Sei are former Top Stars of Takarazuka Revue. Matobu Sei retired from Flower Troupe in April, 2011, while Kiriya Hiromu has just graduated from Moon Troupe in April, 2012.
The musical 'My Fair Lady' will take place in May, 2013 in Nissay Theatre

though I actually made a snapshot for you ^.^

p. s. do you know that Nissay Theatre is a building that stands DIRECTLY NEXT to Tokyo Takarazuka Theatre? I didn't though I passed by several times (when I had to spare some time before 'Edward VIII' in Tokyo this April) >____<

No comments:

Post a Comment