28 October 2012

my humble opinon on Suga Shikao

after watching Tegamibachi opening several times I decided that Suga Shikao creates unusual and stylish music. after reading about him in jpopsuki and seeing tag 'jazz' I decided this is exactly what I was looking for - something cheerful, with jazzy sound, but not the classic interpretation of it
well yes, there are some jazz influences in his works. the problem is... I didn't like even a single piece of his. not even one song. Tegamibachi opening theme is good, but only as an opening. also, 'planetarium' has a nice instrumental part in it, and 'real face', being absolutely unlike the usual style of the artist, sounds nice. the other songs left absolutely no impression. they are not interesting enough to listen to them attentively, and they don't create enough mood for me to use them as 'audiobackground' while I do some work. they are just... boring. if these are the theme songs for 'XXXholic', then I have another reason to abandon the idea of watching it
going to delete the whole folder. I wonder, why 'hajimari no hi' is SO MUCH BETTER than anything else in Suga Shikao's works?

No comments:

Post a Comment