09 October 2012

my mascara experience. part 1 ~ unexpected, huh?

'how is your new mascara?' girls use to ask each other. and nobody asks how your old one is. meanwhile, the older the mascara, the easier 'tis to see whether 'tis worth of what is costs or not. newly bought mascara, still liquid enough and the brush being in complete order, cannot tell you anything. old mascara, multiplied by hours of wearing it, having it windswept and/or deformed by sunglasses - this is the true thing to look at
what I want to do now is to make a compilation of different kinds of mascara I use. currently there are 3 of them, but the list will be prolonged. probably, not without help of my friends who would lend me their mascara ^^` as I don't have some types I want to describe anymore

Kanebo Coffret d'Or long power mascara, waterproof, brown, length
price - approx 3000 yen
at first I was aiming at another Coffret mascara, also brown, but a darker one. this one is BR-25 while I wanted 26. unfortunately, there wasn't any off-the-shelf, so I was offered this one. since 'twas brown I decided to risk and bought it, though the price was considerable...
if you're both lucky and accurate you can get pretty good thin lashes. I admit I made a poor photo, but the lashes in the left corner (of the eye) are really long. because of the brown shadows 'tis hard to see, but they are
I mean, really thin. the shape is something like this
but if you're not....


there are lots of 'problematic' places. the lashes go to different directions, the tips are disgustingly 'fat', instead of smooth curves there are either straight lines or... indescribable shapes...

advantages of the mascara - waterproof. you can wear it in rainy days
disadvantages - waterproof. removing it will cost you a lot - I mean, both your efforts and your poor eyes... well, now that mine is almost half a year, I need to special makeup removers, 'tis enough to wash my face with facial wash two times

Pupa Diva's Lashes, black, volume
price - I think it cost me 300 roubles, or a little more. pretty cheap, I believe
this was the last cheap mascara I bought. as no length is promised, there is no length. and though volume is promised, there is no volume either... >___<
this is the best out of what I got 
 it looks good from a distance, but looking closely... upper lashes short, lower lashes crooked, to say nothing of the 'abundance' which is usually the effect expected from a 'volume' type
and the bad variant is this one
 in the morning I thought 'twas satisfactory, but in the end I disliked it greatly. for me when a mascara makes lashes group into triangles 'tis is really annoying
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment