28 October 2012

translation! Kiriya-sama's interview about her First Concert

it started when I was searching for a big 'Amore e Musica' poster to use as my Google Calendar background. the light blue and white colours used in it look very soothing to me. the necessary image being only in 2 variants among the search result, I noticed a few photos yet unknown to me. they were obviously post-graduate ones, but I had never seen them before, which meant some new events happened and I knew nothing of the sort and new articles and interviews appeared
suddenly all my doubts vanished, and the feeling of being absolutely tired and unable to do anything yielded to the urge to translate. a hundred and something of translation pages of official work and some Takarazuka-related articles I have translated recently may seem too unimpressive to enable me to say I have gained a huge experience, but certainly I have made some progress which made translating this time considerably easier than before. probably, 'tis the very process of translating that made me feel so cosy - seeing Kiriya-sama's smiling face, reading the same kind of articles, using the same range of vocabulary was something that helped me to understand there hasn't really been THAT much of a change, compared with the time before Kiriya-sama's graduation or the period right after that. the article isn't too small, but I coped with the task at only 2 laps, though with a forced pause of 3 days between. this is good. this is somewhat... ensuring... 
there are a few things I failed to understand - such as the 'first challenge' for Kiriya-sama, as if 'twere her first concert in life...

here 'tis, the original article
The former Takarazuka Revue  Moon Troupe Top Star Kiriya Hiromu's First Concert 'Amore e Musica - Dream Is Endless...' raised the curtain on October, 12 (Fri). We asked her about her feelings during the rehearsal.
Kiriya Hiromu, who mastered all the three arts necessary for a performer - singing, dancing and acting, - graduated from Takarazuka Revue in April. 'It has been 5 months since then, but I don't feel like it has been that long, maybe, because of my busy daily life. I realised that I had graduated only after my new life in Tokyo started. Now I have mixed feelings - on one hand, I am almost itching to perform on stage, but on the other hand, I am a little scared.'
It isn't a rare thing for a Takarasienne to hold concerts, but for Kiriya this will be the first challenge. 'This has been my cherished desire for a long time, and I am very happy that I am able to make it come true. I want to show this feeling on the stage.' she says. 'Amore e Musica' means 'Love and Music' in Italian. After listening to a song of the same name by Russell Watson, an English tenor, deeply impressed Kiriya chose the phrase for the concert title, and she explains her feelings - 'I want to convey the splendour of music and of the love I have received from all the spectators.'
It was also the original idea of Kiriya that the orchestra should play live on stage. Considering other songs than 'Amore e Musica' in the programme Kiriya says 'I want to sing songs that the audience would know very well,' and she included into the concert numbers from the musicals she played in and original Takarazuka songs. Moreover, our interest in the concert cannot cease after her statement - 'I also challenge myself with songs that give the feeling like - what if I try to sing this?'
Sakai Sumio, who is responsible for the concert organisation and directing, music supervisors Yoshida Yuko and Kuratomi Shin'ichi, choreographers ANJU (Anju Mira) and AYAKO, and the others, can be called an 'All Takarazuka' staff, which is promising. 'Rather than suddenly showing a new image, I wanted to cherish my origin which is the Kiriya who owes everything to Takarazuka and thus to move forward. This is why I asked for help those people who already know me. I think, the audience who became my fans when I was a male role player will be able to enjoy the concert without any sense of discomfort.'
On the other hand, it is likely to be a fresh spectacle for the audience to see 4 male dancers also participating in the concert. 'When we hold hands, I sometimes turn my hand palm up and make other mistakes which are a pattern that a person with a male role player experience can easily slip into. This time there is also a scene when I am lifted, but still I feel more at ease when it is me who lifts someone.' Kiriya says, her smiling face showing no worries.
Aiming for the future of an actress, she will reconsider the artistic skills she has been fostering up until now. The concert seems to become a performance that reflects the natural Kiriya she is now. Kiriya Hiromu First Concert 'Amore e Musica ~ Dream is Endless' will take place in Aoyama Theatre from October 12 (Fri) to 14 (Sun).

8 comments:

  1. Спасибо))))) Вот бы это все еще и на русском))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. гомен, просто я как-то привыкла уже весь блог вести на английском. но если есть какая-то чрезвычайная потребность или какие-то непонятки - всегда можно попросить/спросить

      Delete
    2. Уиии!!!! Пасиб)))) А песню можно попросить перевести?) Правда ее поет Чиэ, а не Кири)
      *старается не наглеть и не вывалить все сканы интервью*

      Delete
    3. хах ну если Чиэ то можно! шучю. песню могу перевести только если я ее уже слышала, из незнакомого мюзикла не возьмусь...

      Delete
    4. Это из ее концерта)Концерт у меня в принципе есть)

      Delete
    5. хах ну это конечно неплохой повод посмотреть концерт - но это буит нескоро... перевод-то надо срочно?

      Delete
  2. Чиэ вообще смотреть полезно)Правда Нене перематывать приходится)
    Не очень, просто как я понимаю она там про себя рассказывает)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. падажжи, падажжи... в песне рассказывает про себя? эт чет новенькое
      пысы - это кому как. мне Нене нравится

      Delete