10 March 2013

translation mistakes collection. or, TMC

I do not think I would exaggerate if I say the main problem in translating from the Japanese language is not complicated grammar or abundance of kanji (after all, you can learn both) but ambiguity. especially when it comes to every day conversations
oh, stop playing, Eine! you speak like a pro-translator
恥ずかしい...
ahem. the way which seems most useful to me in learning not exactly what to translate, but how - is simply to listen and to pay attention. speaking more generally - getting acquainted with Japanese culture. reading. watching. even though anime/doramas/manga are a part of entertainment, they give a good hint on how to understand Japanese
actually, I have mixed feelings. one of them is the feeling of being fed up with incorrect translations I constantly meet in subtitles and scanlations. the other is telling me that instead of writing this post I could do something more useful and helpful either to me, or to me and other people as well
meseems, I have a very specific inclination to criticising what others do and finding mistakes in what is already done. 'tis my talent. my natural aptitude. haha
maybe sometime in the future I will be able to make something useful out of it? now I can only think of a very simple thing - a collection of mistakes I find
therefore, all posts on this topic will be marked TMC. yeah, I love ordering and reordering and putting in order
is there any practical aspect of this, I wonder?
hmmmm... lemme think...
nope. no such thing

No comments:

Post a Comment