02 June 2013

imho. me watched FNS 2012 ~ let us issue a law prohibiting modern singers from making covers on old songs

most experts blame Francis Fukuyama for his 'End of History' not coming true. well I agree, his forecast did not prove to be 100% right, but looking at the modern entertainment industry I understand completely what he meant by speaking about the modern consumer society of the End of History age, where the culture is no longer important and dying

so, ms Mizuki Nana is not only a mediocre seiyuu, she is a talentless singer also? that surprised me, how a singer from the same country but 20 years younger can spoil a wonderful song that Yamaguchi Momoe's 'Cosmos' is
of course, Nakagawa Shoko's collaboration was nothing interesting - for me. I cannot quite grasp the meaning of such collaborations - when the modern young singers so obviously lose to the original performers they are coupled with. Nakagawa lost to Watase Maki, Kashiwagi Yuki lost to Ishikawa Hitomi, Mizuki to Aikawa Nanase - completely
even if the original singer was not present, the covers were bleak. though I respect YUI for her own works, Arai Yumi's voice was better in 'yasashisa ni...'
if I were a Japanese man I would probably find more attractive points in celebrities like Nakagawa, as well as the SKE48 or Nogizaka, who did not even bother to really sing on the stage. I might be mistaken that 'twas a lip synch - and I would be glad if I were - but moving like this and singing at the same time is only possible for Takarasiennes who achieve it through harsh training. for SKE and the likes the trick is done with the help of modern technologies
well, if not modern technologies, then why not let the original singer perform the song him/herself at all? Momoiro Clover can simply dance around Miwa - and that is a collab already. AKB48 surround T. M. Revolution - and that is a collab
seeing such numbers makes me want to repeat after Gwen Stefani - 'after all that we've been through I know you cool'. yeah, those people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s - they are cool
thank you FNS. I reassured that there are almost no modern singers - I mean those that emerged only recently - worthy of note. and I discovered a lot of older ones that I will certainly give a try

not to look an absolute pessimist, I can mention the few numbers that are really interesting
first, EXILE and sandaime J Soul Brothers - simply an eye candy for female fans. absolutely nothing interesting in terms of vocals, but if I had to choose between the concepts of 'cute' and 'cool'
guess which one I prefer
to be serious, a truly good collab with chemistry, physics, a few music algebra and almost no Japanese language... ok, I'll stop here. a truly good collab was 'yoake no scat' by ms Yuki Saori and a strange but wonderful duo Kokushoku Sumire, who did not simply fail to destroy the style and harmony like many others did, but even decorated the song splendidly
many older performers were great, though I was not too inspired by them. probably I would mark ms Kahara Tomomi whose 'I'm proud' was her comeback song - and at once I see the level of her professionalism

my source

No comments:

Post a Comment