30 June 2013

mho. 'Elementary' ~ the translation and voicing in Russian were so good I did not even want to watch the original

when I started watching I was absolutely aware I was not going to see any renewal of a classical story. from the very beginning it was clear that only names and some resemblance of the original relationships were preserved. therefore, I had nothing to be disappointed with

story and characters
had almost nothing to do with the true 'Sherlock Holmes', and I tried to enjoy the series as a completely different story. 'twas not too complicated or intriguing, but good enough to spend one hour before the screen. I missed a few episodes but never regretting about that. I was not hooked at all
only when it came to the last episode I could understand one thing. 'Elementary' managed to present me something very important. though the detective side of the stories was not memorable, though a lot of frivolous changes were made with the original, and though there was your usual happy end, 'Elementary' presents a very interesting net of relationships, especially the one between Holmes and Watson. I wonder if this is what they call the 'life partners trope'. they were so believable and realistic, but at the same time, they were full of moments that - at least for me - are lacking. full of trust and reliability, I guess...

music
was almost unnoticeable, unfortunately

acting
was probably average, but not bad at all

conclusion
next season is promised to start in September again. huh, ok. will be waiting

4 comments:

  1. Ну блин, чую у меня сериалом на просмотр прибавится )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. учти он длинный :) 24 серии! это в первом сезоне

      Delete
    2. даа, я прогуглил )). и морально подготовился! :))
      тока вопрос когда

      Delete
    3. да хоть щас :))) на самом деле он смотрится так что в конце кажется что мало. ну мне по крайней мере

      Delete