24 December 2014

Osaka and Tokyo in December, chapter 2. Day 6

song of the day - sakanaction, 'music'
It was playing at the 'Miraikan' museum and was the perfect choice to fit the atmosphere.

9.25
Since I've noticed a poster saying that there is a museum of Mucha in the Sakai city neighbouring Osaka, I couldn't miss it. That's why we had to get up at 8 and start packing to manage to get to the museum and back by the time we need to get to Shin-Osaka station for our Shinkansen. Now that everything's packed we're ready to leave. I guess for a hostel, this was an extremely good, convenient and cosy hotel.
10.05
When I see Mucha's works I lose my mind...

12.20
About to board the Shinkansen. Finally my dream has come true. Shinkansen-bento, wait for me!!!

13.30
They have a special bento celebrating half-a-century to Shinkansen trains. Have a nice meal, +U-tan
And me, too

14.00
I know it's always like this - scenery that you see from aboard a train or a plane looks much more attractive than if you saw it real. It's because the inability to touch it makes it more mysterious. However, I's still say I'd like to visit Nagoya some day and probably several other smaller cities situated on the shore.
15.30
We're finally on Odaiba. For some reason, it has never been an attractive place to me, but now I guess it's my favourite place in all Tokyo. The sea, the sunset and the beautiful blue glass that many buildings are made from.

17.45
I never imagined there would be something like this inside the building...
KIETA! KIETA! kawa wa nagareru...

17.40
By the time we got to the Team Lab exhibition the talk-show with its leader, mr. Inoko, whose interview impressed me so much, had already ended. I doubt, though, we could've enjoyed it very much. Instead, we're enjoying their works. It did look great in the programme, but I couldn't imagine it feels this wonderful to be within the flower stream yourself.
The works created on the basis of traditional Japanese paintings do look good, too
and +U-tan sure liked the room for children very much. I'm feeling like her mom =)
However, this is what I consider the greatest work by Team Lab ever
upd.:
The official website of Team Lab says that this video is a kind of a contribution to a prominent Japanese animator whose swiftly moving mecha in 'Ideon' earned him a fame of a master who is able to create a 3d-like experience in 2d, and gave birth to a special name to a phenomenon when objects that fly inside some space create an impression of a trapeze show: Itano circus
To gen an impression of what it's like just type 'Itano circus' or 板野サーカス in YT and watch a few vids


19.38
Just were passing by this wonderful stand...
19.45
U-tan wants to get on the Ferris wheel. There's no helping it, though it's really cold.

19.50
Goodness gracious! They did it! There is a heater under the seats! Why didn't they think of it in Osaka???

20.00
We're finally at Venus Fort. It does not look like a very attractive or special shopping mall from outside, nor it does impress you as soon as you enter from the side of the Ferris wheel situated next to it. However, finally getting to the main part of it... Christmas market,
illumination,
fountain,
halls made to resemble European streets with blue sky

21.30
Going to the hotel. I hope we won't be late for check-in. The Ferris wheel we were just in is visible in the window of the automatic self-moving train of the Yurikamome line.

23.50
We got lost when we went to a combini. Streets and intersections looks so alike in Japan. Especially at night.
It's Christmas Eve tomorrow. Everybody tries to decorate the streets as possible.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment