24 September 2015

'Dear sister' dorama ~ when a performer starts appearing in movies

What else could I do if I saw a video on YT titled something like 'kiss at the wedding scene of Iwata's and Ishihara's characters'? Of course I went to watch it as soon as I learned that he's taking part. Now I'm not sure I did the right thing.

story and characters
I was surprised to see that the drama actually had a decent scenario and though it was very, very, VERY plain, it was not too bad. It was even interesting to see how relationships of many characters intertwine and create a complex net of feelings and stories.
However you just can't ignore the fact that it was a happy-ending-story for girls. And the story was happy ending for all characters. And it was so happy-ending that I really needed a pickled cucumber to eat after.

acting
But here lies a problem. And that problems looks like this:
 - I'll punish you for troubling the girl I like, old man! - I'm not afraid of hamsters!
At least it's how we here reply when someone pretends to be scary while being not.
Oh yes you will protect them. 'Cause you look so serious. Um... IDK maybe high school girls would swoon here seeing him make such face?
Now the surprise was to see ms. Otozuki participating. And that surprise was not pleasant. If they wanted to create a hysteric femme fatale she would make a perfect one, but there was not actually any time for that, which is why all ms Otozuki could do is just pronounce a couple of lines. 
Just in case one JSB is not enough for you, there is accidental Naoto. For approximately 5 seconds in total.
As for other actors, they were all good and did not irritate me at all, like it sometimes happens. Maybe I could mention that Hirayama Hiroyuki and Horiuchi Keiko were cute portraying an elder sister and a younger brother who get along very well.

music
For a dorama, 'Dear sister' has a normal soundtrack with only one melody that I really enjoyed. As for theme songs, they were awful, as usual. I think I must be really sorry for that, and I kinda am... a little... just a little bit. 'cause they are really soooooo mediocre and boooooring UGH

visual
I'm really happy to see CG in Japan is progressing. What a beautiful, natural night sky. Yes, natural. Of course.

conclusion
You just either watch doramas or not. If not, don't start with this one. If yes, you'll probably like it.

p. s.
language
The language in the dorama is so simple that I did not even download any subs before 8th episode when I wanted to check something and finally searched for the Japanese original ones. From this point of view I highly recommend this series to those learning Japanese because most words are easy to hear and easy to understand, maybe except for a few medical terms that appear in the second half of the drama and a couple of other words.

No comments:

Post a Comment