18 February 2017

IMHO. Aimer ~ ohhh why do they all touch my favourite songs...

I must confess, the most beautiful thing in Aimer's discography is her album covers.

In fact, her voice is pleasant and has a distinctive hoarse tint, just a slight one, which could be her shtick... well, if she had a decent composer. But I guess if she does the same style for so many years she must like it. And that's a disgrace!
But when such singers turn to covers - and why did she have to publish almost the same collection twice? - they start to create 'their own atmosphere', which leads to the lyrical and sorrowful 'I Will Always Love You' being produced as an rnb (correct me if it's something else), powerful 'Poker Face' downgraded to a musical slowmo, and my beloved, my earcandy 'Viva la vida'... ugh...
I heard she collaborated as well with Hiroyuki Sawano, my friend's most adored composer. I feel even more sorry now that I know this fact...

No comments:

Post a Comment