18 February 2017

IMHO. Natsumi Abe ~ one more

She is just so like may other female singers in Japan who after singing your usual pop songs for 10 years turns to classics as if hoping that such change of style would save their career. The problem is, Abe's voice is not particularly strong or beautiful, and while her 'stress is harming this world' may be at least interesting, her 'I dreamed a dream' is not touching or overwhelming as it could be, and is not even performed properly.

The stress
I'm highlighting this song because it is the most outstanding hit, if not the only, among her earlier singles. Though I don't particularly like it very much.

Rose
So, after 10 years she publishes a 'classical & crossover'. And poor 'Rose', covered by thousands of people be it a person who makes the song even more beautiful or a person who just wants to sing it no matter what, again suffers at the hands of a singer striving to gain more listeners, at least with the help of such timeless hits.

I dreamed a dream
Like I said, this is the song the reason of her cover I really don't understand. Sorry to all the fans, this is not what this song is supposed to sound like.

I couldn't find any other song to share my opinion about. By the way, this post is written during my current attempt to get rid of music I'm not going to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment