15 April 2011

move on ~ another manga I have read

I thought about turning my spring into a "study English by using authentic material" one. so I decided to watch some more British series and read some shoujo at the same moment `cause I just can`t forget about manga and anime at all
so I downloaded some... dozens? of manga, you know simply opened some web-site and downloaded everything I could. I thought about making some consideration which one is suitable and which one is not very interesting for me, but I ended up merely reading a description and thinking "oh there might be something good inside so just let`s try"
that is how a huuuuuge collection appeared in my "manga" folder
so
let`s see what`s in there
"zion" by Kayase Shiki
the art is good as it reminds me of KoBJ a little. the story is not very. it`s rather intricate and the world the characters live in is really elaborated by the mangaka with some efforts. but most of characters are ugly. I mean, they are dangerous, noizy, cruel and flawless, or nice and calm but too plain.
there`s even some philosophy. I can get it. but I don`t like it... an anti-utopia, isn`t it. I`m not against anti-utopias, though...
I was about to quit reading after the 1st volume, fortunately some strange and entertaining personalities came in the story and made it a little more interesting. the best point was that phrase of Ruou "hate guys like you who do what you`re told without hesitation and wind up acting like a victim in the end". simply great...  
but then I was disappointed with the end. I cannot even comprehend what annoys me most in this manga. however strange and negative the mood of a manga or anime may be - I have no prejudice against it... but this particular impression is awful. so depressive and exhausting you know... and the end is also awful. we discovered some of the secrets but I don`t quite understand what will follow and what will happen to the characters and you know it wasn`t an end I was expecting to see. to think about the characters themselves, well they developed but... why? we never found really what happened to Rouran in childhood, what happened to Sion and NK in the past... to say nothing of the others. and Minaze is quite starling with his swift changing of manners. I hate this. I mean, it makes noooo sense to me. I cannot perceive the purpose of all this. there are some good ideas but they were not fully expressed and the general moral or just conclusion is lacking.
well, the good thing is the presence of some humour. like the conversation between Shitou and Rouran. "if you tell me you`ll gonna "marry Sei" I`ll rip you apart - it`s not like you can marry him so what do you care!?" - that was funny ^^. and yeah another one of Shitou to Sei "let`s meet without any brats. brats: 1 - Sion, 2 - Rouran"
em... I wouldn`t recommend to read this actually. half boring and half like o__O
and to tell the truth... it was supposed to be shoujo... where???

No comments:

Post a Comment