25 January 2012

Moon Top Combi retirement - translations from the official web-site

somehow I have forgotten to translate the main part of the info considering my beloved Top Combi retirement. I wonder why... I can only suppose it took me a long time to finish the translations from the web-newspapers, so when I finished, I was so happy that I did not check what was ready and what was no
this time I would like to translate the articles which obviously provide the best imformation. well, I daresay they do, as they are from the official web-site...
let me start with Aono-sama




On November, 11th (Tuesday), there was held a press-conference dedicated to the announcement of Moon Troupe Top Female-role Player Aono Yuki retiring after the musical 'Edward VIII' ~The Love that Cost Him the Crown~, and brilliant stage 'Misty Station' (Takarazuka Grand Theatre: from February, 3rd, till March, 5th, 2012, Tokyo Takarazuka Theatre: from March, 23rd, till April, 22nd)

Kobayashi Kouichi (board chairman of Takarazuka Revue)
'After she was transferred to the Moon Troupe to become the Top Female-role player, the true strength she cultivated before blossomed at once, so I think she became a magnificent Top Female-player for us. The Top Combi with Kiriya Hiromu was extraordinately perfect and splendid, so I think, she is an outstanding talent who supported the Moon Troupe and Takarazuka Revue. Until she, whom I described now, graduates on April, 22nd, next year, on the closing day of the Tokyo performance, I humbly beg you to bestow her with your support, so that she shines even more'

Aono Yuki
'On April, 22nd, next year I shall have your permission to graduate from Takarazuka. I want to keep doing my best on the stage until the closing day of the performance, so I humbly beg your support till the end'

Some details which led to the decision to retire? 
'After I was granted with the position of Top Female-role player, I was thinking about the time to retire vaguely, and when I heard of mrs Kiriya retiring, I decided I would like to retire the same time'

something from Kiriya?
'She said to me 'Let us keep training until the last performance the way we did before, in our style''

Any plans after the graduation? 
'I am absolutely not thinking of anything particular. I am absorbed in training with all my might, so when I settle down [after the graduation], I think it would be good if somewhen the time comes when I am able to think over'

The greatest reminiscence about the life in Takarazuka?
'After I was enrolled, I did not have any big dream, but I had a lot of smaller ones, like that I wanted to try this kind of thing. Among them, I was wishing I could participate in a performance abroad, and I remember distinctively the fact that on the 2nd year (the performance in Korea in 2005) I had the permission to participate in such performance'

The role which became a turning point?
'Performing 'Anna Karenina' was the time when I changed as a performer, and as a person, and I am grateful from my very heart that I was bestowed with the role of Anna in that period and timing'
_____
well, I believe this translation to be a little better than the previous ones as I have gained some experience (is it not?), but its content frustrates me. does she really consider her trip abroad and Anna's part the greatest achievements? I am a bit disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment