20 June 2012

translation! ~ one more article about Kiriya-sama retiring

this morning I noticed one thing. I haven't been translating anything for a while. translations I do for my works do not count. I mean, something interesting, like Zuka-related stuff or songs lyrics...
when in university, I had some classes I was not eager to attend, but those were necessary, so I occupied myself with articles translations. not I am enjoying my vacations - and where's the result??? I have translated nothing useful or interesting, though not only articles from web-newspapers - HUGE amounts of interviews and articles in the magazines I bought are waiting for me. to say nothing of scanning... >_______< somebody make me work hard!

this time I want to translate an article about guess who???
*a failed attempt to surprise my readers*
ok, ok. this article
is about the last day of Edward 8 and Misty Station in Tokyo Takarazuka Theatre. most of the contents I already translated using the article from the official website, so this time I only provide those paragraphs which are different from the official report. perhaps, Zuka masukomi staff think that Zuka fans should be able to grasp the meaning of everything they write without any hints and explanations... well, even I am not able to do this. also, the more I read different newspapers' websites (and the official website of Takarazuka), the more I understand that they decide themselves which words to cut out, and which to leave as they were in the original... which variant was the original is impossible to understand, though
anyway, enterminal really helped me. hope it helps you, too

Q. After you have finished the performance in Takarazuka, once more, what is the place called 'Takarazuka' for you?
A. The very essence of my life is that I have been doing my best with the feeling that I lived for the stage, and I still cannot realize the fact that I will not stand on that stage anymore starting from tomorrow. I have reached today in my 'best condition', running with a feeling of challenging myself, therefore 'Takarazuka' is an irreplaceable thing, and I think from now on I will live on never forgetting this feeling, never losing it.

Q. What are your plans for the future?
A. I haven't decided anything in particular, so I would like to inform you when I do.
 
Q. In the last address you used the words 'Even if the clock were turned back, I would choose the same path.' When and with what feelings did you create it?
A. First, I made an address in the Grand Theatre, which was so close to me even before my enrolment, that was the first part, then I came to Tokyo, but in the everyday life being constantly pressed by the performances, I could not settle my thoughts, so I was thinking from the previous evening till today's morning, and finally decided during the performance itself.
 
Q. After this day has come to an end, when was the moment you clearly realized that it was the retirement? 
 A. The atmosphere of the audience was quite different from before, and the atmosphere of the Theatre was heavy (laughs). But I wanted to persist in acting, and I so I did pushing that feeling aside. Of course, the closing night also happened, but I was able to live this day concentrated on the performance without being washed away by different feelings.
  
Q. Any words you would like to convey to the juniors who are to meet the 100 anniversary of Takarazuka Revue in two years?
A. I cannot say anything too special, but as I already said in my address, there is no other talent than to do your best, I have arrived on this day living like this, so I want to point that doing your best is never in vain, I want you to be proud that you are in such a wonderful world, such a place where you can do your best, and I want you to do your best in challenging yourselves to try all the chances for yourselves.

Q. What is the music that accompanied you descending the Staircase for the address?
A. It was a melody from my debut performance 'Phoenix' to which we performed the rockette dance. One phrase from it is used in the show 'Misty Station', it flows before the scene called 'Daydream', which was an idea of director Saitou Yoshimasa, so those who will notice, will notice, those who won't - won't. By the way, unfortunately, my classmates who attended the performance failed to notice it completely (laughs).

Q. The Farewell show was splendid, but were there any ideas of yours in it?
My ideas... There were a lot of my selfish ideas inserted, and I think the burden on the members of Moon Troupe was also considerable, but the show focused on the performances where I was honoured with the leading part, and the others who retire also got highlight scenes, and the show was created with a lot of recommendations from director Saitou. There was a dance in black tailcoats on the Grand Staircase, and though I think there were no Farewell shows before which went as far, this was the path I have taken, so I was allowed to insert it.

No comments:

Post a Comment