05 January 2015

'Classic Takarazuka Dance. A Guide to the Future. TAKARAZUKA Flower Poems 100!!' ~ fly me to the Moon

First of all, this was gorgeous.

Classic Takarazuka Dance. Flower poems
It is supposed to be a remake on the legendary Flower poems version #1, but I didn't really care, because I'm not a fan to that extent. And the 'classic' is not simply a word here. This IS classics. A parade of perfection.
The flower theme goes through the whole show. Do you know any words that contain the poetic kanji for 'flower' 華?
華やか - gorgeous
華麗 - wonderful
豪華 - splendour
These are all the words that I could use to describe the show.
I don't know whether my favourite number would be the one showing the continuity of generations
or the traditions kept in a perfect shape
or the golden shining of the stage
I'd say that singing Japanese native songs always reveal how talented and skillful is a sienne in singing. And I'd say that miss Touka was extremely good at it.
But well, not only miss Touka surprised me. There were lots of different changes on the stage. Who is this lovely lady?
And this cute young miss?
And who is this?
And... o___O
 And where did you move the Grand stairs?
And how long does it take to bake a cake like thike this?
- What do you want from me?
- TWAS SO FUNNY MASAOOOO!

Now this was passionate. Oh, and I understand completely why the prices are so high in Quatre. Just imagining how much this costs...
Now this is not for very young girls. Imagine what kind of dress they would ask for when they have to go to the graduation party ten years later.
At least, I would die if I saw it in my childhood...

By the way, I found it a bit strange that they used such flowers for the song:
Tamaki Ryou - marguerite (ok... a plain but nice flower)
Miya Rurika - cattleya (what's that? never heard of. maybe I misheard?)
Nagina Ruumi - queen of the night (well I love it's shape but why is a song?)
Saou Kurama - forget-me-not (at least the last two are more poetic)
Seijou Kaito - sunflower
The only borrowed melodies I could recognise were 'Caravan' used in the scene about a young priest being seduced by a huge group of hot ladies,
and 'La vie en rose', used in the number with girls-roses and miss Ryuu is those huge white feathers

Guide to the future
I mean, seriously, have you seen Touka and Seijou together? If not, you should.
'I was so silly when it comes to men... If only I were more fastidious... If I were... I would miss my chance to get married!'
Darling!
Huh?
'Oops... Today was the day of filming for the DVD! Please, cut out what I've just said!'

conclusion
I wouldn't recommend 'Flower poems' to beginners. Too much 'japonisme'. However, if you've seen enough to be prepared to fly to the other side of the Moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment