07 February 2016

Takarazuka Moon Troupe 'Alice's Lover' script and translation

Some things you would like to know before you read it

1. This is a script, not a subtitle file.
2. The script contains a few places where I wasn't able to understand what the characters were saying. This may or may not affect the final translation, because some phrases can be understood judging by the context and some cannot. The words that were difficult to hear are marked as 「聞きにくい」 in the Japanese script and [incomprehensible] in the English one. The words I am not sure of are written in italics
3. The songs lyrics are written down by me and verified with the help of 'Alice's Lover' Twitter bot here. This does not mean that after verification all the lyrics become identical to what the bot posts.
4. You may agree or disagree with my variant of translation, I kinda don't care. But if you have a better version of translation and would like to kindly explain me why, I'd be glad to correct my mistakes. The same goes for any mistypes etc.
5. I think I can share the final result of my 2-year work. Final not because it's polished to perfection but rather because I'm fed up with it and want to start translating the next one, which would be 'Rurouni Kenshin' I think.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you're welcome. I'm sorry I don't update it very often

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! You're awesome for doing this at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to do my best.

      Delete
    2. I recently came into possession of a copy of this musical. Would you be ok if I started creating a subtitle file for the show from your translation?

      The file would never be shared publicly unless you allowed it (probably only on TakaWiki, the takarazuka wikipedia, but perhaps tumblr), and it would only be shared on a private livestream once every blue moon.

      If you'd rather respond on a different medium than this comment stream, my tumblr handle is @lee-cynic and my username on Takawiki is lee_cynic.

      I'd rather not put my real name on a public comment board, but please let me know!

      Delete
    3. Hi! I don't mind the subtitles particularly, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with the idea of them being streamed anywhere. However, if you upload the result as a subtitle file, I'm completely okay with it. Before that, please make sure I've completed my re-check, since I still have some mistakes to correct =) The post will be updated in a couple of weeks.

      Delete